Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7th Annual Black Hills Sound of Silence Tesla Rally! May 15—17, 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should have told me that before the outbreak. I thought one would last a long time. Oh well. You guys planning to do the TCH better put that on the back burner (Plus EV and Tdreamer). They are closing the border for nonessential travel. Could you tell them it is essential? Maybe we will just have to have our Custer rally online this year. We can all sit in our cars and text and facetime like mad. Mac

Should have told me that before the outbreak. I thought one would last a long time. Oh well. You guys planning to do the TCH better put that on the back burner (Plus EV and Tdreamer). They are closing the border for nonessential travel. Could you tell them it is essential? Maybe we will just have to have our Custer rally online this year. We can all sit in our cars and text and facetime like mad. Mac
Indeed - Custer and the TCH route appears off the table for the foreseeable future. It seems highly unlikely now that this event will occur this year :(

Indeed - Custer and the TCH route appears off the table for the foreseeable future. It seems highly unlikely now that this event will occur this year :(

Indeed. If the event gets called off, i’ll only cancel two of the three nights and let the hotel keep one. It’s going to be a rough season for them.

I am not sure I understand what could cause the Sounds of Silence to be cancelled? Sure no dinner, but lineup all the cars for a photo, take a tour of the hills in my car, get a pin. Still seems worth the trip, and all those Superchargers I haven't been to...

OK, I guess I get it. I'll probably be there alone, really should have gone last year and had my wife's family take her to the hospital.

Um, Randy, we hear you. You probably did good to take your wife to the hospital. Look. If we are not victims of the plague, oops Coronavirus, we will be there. We can hang out, if anything is open. Maybe we can find a sandwich to eat, something to drink. Eat/drink at the Custer supercharger. Remember the old days. Drive the deserted streets. See the deserted sights. Just us. You and me buddy. Mac

• Love
Reactions: israndy
I had been keeping the Custer meet-up on my to-do list for this year, (at least out of one corner of my eye). Current conditions of social/physical distancing and a couple of states with "shelter-in-place" mandates make Custer Rally seem highly unlikely for me.

More time to do some home projects, maybe start a vegetable garden while WFH on lockdown.

Maybe 2021?

Last edited:
Most people will probably catch it next fall/winter when the virus comes rushing back as the temps cool. Several sites I follow suggest this lockdown is the new normal. Stay in your home/car, don't interact with others. A friend who had been planning all week to attend her niece's BDay did a group facetime chat yesterday instead and claimed it was quite successful.

91449307_1583679861782991_4844295296785580032_n.png

Ah, David. It is actually not as bad as that. The supercharger is back behind the store, and the grassy area really is not somebody's front grass, just a grassy area behind a store. Not somebody's lawn, just an area behind a store. I don't believe the store would care at all. Maybe not even notice it. (Except for the mud).
BM3B, I was there for the 2000 chaos. I thought the world would end. It didn't . I agree, 20 years premature.

Hah! Mac