Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7th December: Roadster Rally and The Link x Tesla Technology Drives Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

markwj

Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
There's a Tesla event in Hong Kong on 7th December 2013, starting 6:30pm @ Stanley Plaza, for roadster owners and Model S reservation holders. Invites are going out by eMail now.

We're trying to organise a rally for Tesla Roadster owners going to the event. Details are:

Dear Hong Kong Roadster Owners,

We would like to have a rally of roadsters join the Tesla evening party in Stanley together.

When: 7th December 2013, 5pm
Where: Central
Route: Central - Tai Tam – Stanley ( with photo opportunities along the way)
Participation Fee: Free of charge

There will be a special free parking arrangement at Stanley, to showcase the roadsters and for the convenience of the owners.

RSVP: Mark Webb-Johnson, a Hong Kong Roadster Owner
To join the rally, please eMail [email protected], and Mark will follow up with the detailed arrangements.

We look forward to meeting and cruising with fellow Roadster owners!

TESLA HONG KONG OWNERS CLUB

Parking is gonna be tough at Stanley on a Saturday night, but we've managed to make arrangements for a special parking area dedicated to the roadster owners on this rally.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=22.218787,114.209216&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=19stanley.png

Anyone interested, please eMail [email protected] and we'll follow up with details.

Rally details:

The meeting point will be a newly created area in Central, which is too recent to be on many maps. For those with a GPS, the co-ordinates are 22.283939,114.160153.

It is not too hard to find. Get yourself on Lung Wo Road, coming from Wan Chai towards IFC. Just after the Edinburgh Place turn off, you’ll find an entrance (on the left) to the meeting point. If you get to IFC or the Apple Store overhead, you’ve gone too far. It is a straight stretch of road, with waiting areas on both sides, and a turning roundabout at each end. It is on the seaward side of the general post office.

Please try to get to the meeting point just before 5pm on this Saturday (7th December).

Once we’ve got all the cars, we’ll head off together (and try to stay together). The route is on the google map here:
Tesla HK Owners Rally - December 2013 - Google Maps
(note that the finishing point is not 100% confirmed, but we will have a representative from the Link with us to guide us in and arrange parking)

It should take approximately 30 to 40 minutes to cover the 20km of the route (depending on traffic). Traffic may be bad through Wan Chai, but hopefully will clear for the rest of the trip. It is not a race, just a drive, and we hope to get some nice pictures of the cars along the way.

Parking is free for the night, and will be in a special area within the Stanley Plaza estate. It looks like we may have to turn around and reverse in, so please bear with us as we get the cars nicely lined up (so people can get out early if they need to).

There are a couple of guests who would like to come along for the ride (including Kenneth to take pictures), so if you have room for a passenger in your car I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

If you have any questions, let me know, otherwise I’ll look forward to seeing you on this Saturday.

P.S. Interestingly, Lung Wo Road was to have been the site of next year’s Formula-e race in Hong Kong (but we just got bumped for Rio). Oh well, at least we can give them a little preview of what EVs look like.

Mark, you left too fast, I never got to say "hi" :)

You can find yourself (and most others) in this time lapse video I made.

I suppose you left when the band started playing ... like most others (besides staff) did ...

Nice! There were so many cameras, I didn't notice yours. I'm fairly obvious in the video - the big red Father Christmas shirt.

I enjoyed the evening, especially the short roadster drive, but am just getting over a cold so left after a few songs from the loud French band.

The Model S sound and light show was brilliantly done, and I've attached my own cellphone video of that to the previous post.

Oh, yes, we saw you Mark, when you did the line-up! Great honour they included you there.

I was too busy giving interviews and having my photo taken:

Core at Tesla event 7-12-2013.jpg

My camera was just a tiny GoPro, which I discretely (and without asking anyone) climbed up into a lighting mast and mounted, then retrieved after the 5th song by the French band.

I have to go to work this morning so I couldn't stay for the ending either.

Impressed by your boldness.

Oh, yes, we saw you Mark, when you did the line-up! Great honour they included you there.

I was too busy giving interviews and having my photo taken:

View attachment 37550

My camera was just a tiny GoPro, which I discretely (and without asking anyone) climbed up into a lighting mast and mounted, then retrieved after the 5th song by the French band.

I have to go to work this morning so I couldn't stay for the ending either.

- - - Updated - - -

You know markwj, I always see a white Roaster charging in the car park in City hall Wilson's car park on Saturday or Sunday mornings. Didn't see it in the photos though.

Sorry this is so late - holidays have gotten in the way.

We took a few photos at the meet-up in Central as well as in Stanley. You can find them:

Tesla @TheLink Rally - a set on Flickr

and

Flickr: Sei Liu's Photostream

Regards, Mark.

You know markwj, I always see a white Roaster charging in the car park in City hall Wilson's car park on Saturday or Sunday mornings. Didn't see it in the photos though.

There are a few white ones here (Gigi Chao has one, her refurbished-after-crash old one another, and a third imported from UK, are three that come to mind).

I like the colour - especially when contrasted with lots of black carbon fibre. The Panda Bear look.

lx3h,

They were looking for people to interview, apparently. There were almost as many photographers as guests (exaggerated a bit here).

Anyway, I was approached and asked and the asked me so I answered.

Boldness, yeah, I guess so :)

Now where are those delivery dates and prices for HK ah!

Impressed by your boldness.

- - - Updated - - -