Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7th Matt Ammon Memorial Driving School at Bremerton Motors Park on Sat/Sun 5/18-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a much better course than we had in Monroe. Wish I could have gone!
I discussed this a bit with a few of the organizers (separate small conversations). For the "DE+Autocross" flavor it's really a "mini Autocross" (my words) where the turns are closer together and you are intended be forced to stay at lower speeds. There are two reasons for this (as I understood it): (1) it's intended as a first introduction to the experience for people that have just finished the DE "individual skills" learning process as an initial feel for how they integrate together and (2) it keeps the track insurance prices lower.

But, yes, if you liked the DE flavor of Autocross you'll love the all-day Autocross. If you felt the DE flavor of Autocross was too "tight" (cone claustrophobia) or "short" (duration) but enjoyed the experience otherwise, you'll find the all-day Autocross more to your liking. If you hated the DE flavor of Autocross entirely, well...bummer. :)

My understanding is that the upcoming Monroe all-day Autocross will be more like Bremerton one with the added bonus of a banked surface experience.

As for calibration, the DE Autocross speeds were mostly under 35mph for me IIRC. The all-day Autocross was under 50mph. The Lapping twisty parts were <70mph (me) or <90mph (instructor) while the straightaways were <105mph (me) and <120mph (instructor). These are rough numbers from a tired person's memory, YMMV, all rights reserved, carpe diem, etc.

I ended up doing (swag) 40 runs of Autocross on Saturday and for the Lapping you get 4 runs of 20 minutes (less if you or your car gets flagged to pull off to have something corrected). I was flagged 3 times during the 4 lapping sessions: (1) hit a cone (that neither me nor my instructor noticed), (2) passing about half a car length before the marked passing section (nub error), and (3) right rear wheel looked troubled so they wanted to inspect it/verify (later discussion concluded it was probably traction control behavior).

Last edited:
I ended up doing (swag) 40 runs of Autocross on Saturday and for the Lapping you get 4 runs of 20 minutes (less if you or your car gets flagged to pull off to have something corrected).
Apparently our estimate of 40 runs was off. It looks like it was more like 50 runs. Here's the {speed, SOC, power, range} charts for Saturday and Sunday coming from the REST telemetry from the car.

20130518Chart_Autocross.png

20130519Chart_Lapping.png

- - - Updated - - -

Some breakouts of individual runs. In the second chart (Lapping, 4th session) you can clearly see when a new lap begins (watch the power plot for repetition).

20130518Chart_Autocross_VideoLap.png

20130519Chart_Lapping_4thSession.png

- - - Updated - - -

One last chart for the night...

0-100 mph chart:
20130519Chart_Lapping_4thSession_0_to_100.png

0-59 (mostly full throttle):
  • start: 15:03:18.774
  • finish: 15:03:23.274
  • duration: 4.5s

0-61 (mostly full throttle):
  • finish: 15:03:23.524
  • duration: 4.75s

0-99 (not full throttle):
  • finish: 15:03:30.274
  • duration: 11.5s

0-100 (not full throttle):
  • finish: 15:03:30.524
  • duration: 11.75s

Note that the interval between data points is 0.250s in the log, hence the interest in evaluating the data points at-or-after the target speed and the data points immediately preceding.

Also note this is with 147mi. of Rated range.

Last edited: