Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 and bluetooth error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated yesterday morning. Today, I tried to connect my phone to the car and no dice. The car recognizes the phone and vice versa. I get the pop up to pair with a pin. Then, the phone gives me an error saying wrong pin (before I can do anything) and it reappears with another pin. This gets stuck in a loop. Even if I click "pair" on the phone, same thing happens. I tried resetting phone, tesla screen, I tried to forget the connection on both phone and car. Nothing! Message sent to service. Any thoughts?

Just updated yesterday morning. Today, I tried to connect my phone to the car and no dice. The car recognizes the phone and vice versa. I get the pop up to pair with a pin. Then, the phone gives me an error saying wrong pin (before I can do anything) and it reappears with another pin. This gets stuck in a loop. Even if I click "pair" on the phone, same thing happens. I tried resetting phone, tesla screen, I tried to forget the connection on both phone and car. Nothing! Message sent to service. Any thoughts?
What phone are you using? Os and model?

excellent question!

nexus 6p with android 7.0 (nougat). I've been on 7.0 for a while and did not have any issues prior to the 8.0 Tesla update.
Good gravy I have a 6p and take delivery today of an s. Considering you own a nexus I'm probably not telling you anything you haven't already tried, but my issues in the past have been solved by clearing cache in Bluetooth and changing the name of my phone, removing special characters and punctuation like changing eddie's to eddies

I have been having issues with my bluetooth on my Galaxy S6 with Marshmallow 6.0.1. I read that this version is causing all types of bluetooth issues. I reported it to ServiceHelpNA who said they will look into it.

This is what what ServiceNAHelp had me do:

1st Reboot:
- Press and hold both Skip Forward Button and Voice Command button (they’re the two top buttons on the left and right of Steering Wheel)
- The Display behind the Steering Wheel will turn off, release the buttons

Wait until the Display behind the Steering Wheel come back on then perform the following Reboot.

2nd Reboot:
- Step on the brakes and press and hold both Scroll Wheel until the Touchscreen turns off
- Release buttons and brakes when Logo for Tesla comes back on

Give it about a minute for the Touchscreen to completely come back on and then perform the next Reboot.

3rd Reboot:
- Press and hold both Skip Forward Button and Voice Command button (they’re the two top buttons on the left and right of Steering Wheel)

Hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: MGMDaware
I have been having issues with my bluetooth on my Galaxy S6 with Marshmallow 6.0.1. I read that this version is causing all types of bluetooth issues. I reported it to ServiceHelpNA who said they will look into it.

1st Reboot:

Wait until the Display behind the Steering Wheel come back on then perform the following Reboot.

2nd Reboot:
- Step on the brakes and press and hold both Scroll Wheel until the Touchscreen turns off

Give it about a minute for the Touchscreen to completely come back on and then perform the next Reboot.

3rd Reboot:

Hope this helps.
did this fix your issue?

I did one of the 3 reboots, but will try all 3 in that specific order. THanks!

did this fix your issue?

I did one of the 3 reboots, but will try all 3 in that specific order. THanks!
It didn't fix the issue for me because it was the Andriod Marshmallow 6.0.1 update I recently downloaded that is having the bluetooth connection issue. I have an iPhone as well and I was able to connect to it and make phone calls.

ServiceNAHelp said they will look into the Marshmallow update to see if anything can be done.

1st Reboot:

2nd Reboot:

3rd Reboot:

Hope this helps.
this worked. I was extremely skeptical, but it worked. It didn't work immediately after, but I forgot the device on both car and phone and then reconnected. Flawless! Thanks!