Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0, iOS 10, iPhone 7 and Personal Hotspot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully connected their 8.0 Tesla to their iPhone 7 personal hotspot?

My classic S85 was connecting flawlessly on 7.1. Updated to 8.0. Can't connect.

I've rebooted everything, forgot networks -- all the usual tricks.

Nothing. iPhone sees the hotspot network and gets stuck on the connecting screen.

(Haven't been able to test my home network yet, so I'm not sure how pervasive the issue is).

LOLOL@myself. Probs cant help you, but I tried to connect to my new iPhone 7 (which has the same name as my old '6). Of course, telling it to connect to "Administrator's iPhone" didn't work- I was mystified for days. Then I realised I needed to "Add New Device", as its a new phone, not the same phone.
hard to believe I run a major hospital department....

Tested WiFi at home and that worked fine. It seems to be limited to my hotspot.

I don't think it's an iOS issue since I had this exact same phone working with TeslaOS 7.1 (I like the ring of that name ;)).

Just doesn't work now with TeslaOS 8.0.

I'm guessing it has something to do with security, but I can't figure it out.

I connected to an iPhone 7 with iOS 10.0.2 with no problem.

IMG_1492.JPG

I had to remove the network and re-add it. Then it worked. Had to remove and re-add the iPhone in Bluetooth after the iOS10 upgrade as well. Obviously it's not a wide-spread problem or we'd see more threads about it, but it DID affect me, but luckily it was a relatively easy fix. Good luck....