Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 Slacker issue with first song after the car starts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
This is a strange one. When I get in my car and start to drive the first song that I play has a problem greater than 50% of the time.

The problem is this - the song plays until it is partway through and then the playback pauses, the song terminates and the next song loads. From then on the music seems to play without any issues. This happens when I leave from my home, or the office or other places. The song appears to download fine when the car starts up as you see the progress bar quickly completing.

Has anyone else seen this?

This is a strange one. When I get in my car and start to drive the first song that I play has a problem greater than 50% of the time.

The problem is this - the song plays until it is partway through and then the playback pauses, the song terminates and the next song loads. From then on the music seems to play without any issues. This happens when I leave from my home, or the office or other places. The song appears to download fine when the car starts up as you see the progress bar quickly completing.

Has anyone else seen this?

Hey there.. yes i noticed the same problem. I've also noticed (usually when leaving from home) that the radio defaults to 540 AM which picks up the noise from the motors (sounds like an ICE) lol

I do have the Sound Upgrade Package.

Hey there.. yes i noticed the same problem. I've also noticed (usually when leaving from home) that the radio defaults to 540 AM which picks up the noise from the motors (sounds like an ICE) lol

I do have the Sound Upgrade Package.

Mine didn't do this (the AM radio thing) for the first few days of 8.0 but started soon after. I did get the song cutoff from day one of 8.0 though. It's definitely a widespread problem!