TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

8.0 Update

Discussion in 'Model S' started by anthonyduke, May 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. anthonyduke

anthonyduke Member

Hey guys.l, im just curious on how to update my tesla software on my model s manually. I have a 2014 wiithout AP and its currently on version 17.18.25. How do i update to 8.0 or the newest update?

2. kdday

kdday Member

That is the newest update and you're on 8.1. Click on the T at the top of your screen and you'll see it.

3. anthonyduke

anthonyduke Member

Oh okay i see it. Thank you so much i am very new to this...i just purchased less than a week ago!

4. kdday

kdday Member

Welcome to the family

5. anthonyduke

anthonyduke Member

Thanks so much im happy to finally be a part!

• Like x 1
  6. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

FYI, for future reference, you can't manually force an update to the newest software. You'll get a notification when it's been downloaded and can't do anything until then.

• Informative x 1
  7. anthonyduke

anthonyduke Member

Ohhhhh ok, thanks!

8. azred

azred Member

If your car is in the service center for repair you can ask if you have latest software and they will probably update it for you. They might even do it without asking. I don't think it would be a good idea to drop in for that reason alone though lest you get a reputation as a pain in the rear and use up a favor you might want in the future

9. Max*

Max* Not Banned

While I agree that this is what usually happens, on my last 2 service center visits, I got a notification that I have an update pending, and I just assumed that the techs would install the update. Both times, I got back and I had to manually install in [the horror!].

I wonder if it's was a double oversight, or if they're changing policies about forcing firmware updates on people...?

• Like x 1
  10. anthonyduke

anthonyduke Member

Okay lol! Thank you all of you guys so much and thats good to know

11. whitex

whitex Active Member

Unless the update is required to fix whatever you are in the SC for, they prefer to have the car ready for the customer earlier (rather than waiting up to 1h40m for the update to apply) so they pre-load it for you and you can install at will.

If you wanted to, of course you could apply it in the SC parking lot, resulting in the same outcome as before - leaving the SC later by however long it took to apply the update :p