Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 upgrade bluetooth issue - phone not pairing at all

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK - I'm going a bit nuts with this. I upgraded to 8.0 and started losing connection to my iPhone 6 but it would reconnect. Then 2 weeks ago, it stopped connecting at all. I forgot connections, rebooted the car and the phone and the two do not pair. Other phones connect to my car, so it must be me right?

I have the latest OS.

I found an article on the Tile causing problems, which I had. Removed it and nothing.

I brought the car into Tesla repair and tried it on 5 cars - 4 with 8.0 and 1 with older 7 OS. 7 worked fine. 2 of the 4 8.0s connected. Techs couldn't figure it out. Weird.

My phone has been working with my car for 2 1/2 years.

Brought the Phone to Apple - all diagnostics showed that bluetooth / radio was fine. Apple tech recommended wiping the phone, which I did. Still no pairing. I'm 10 hours into troubleshooting here and still can't make calls from the car.
Any other suggestions?

OK - I'm going a bit nuts with this. I upgraded to 8.0 and started losing connection to my iPhone 6 but it would reconnect. Then 2 weeks ago, it stopped connecting at all. I forgot connections, rebooted the car and the phone and the two do not pair. Other phones connect to my car, so it must be me right?

I have the latest OS.

I found an article on the Tile causing problems, which I had. Removed it and nothing.

I brought the car into Tesla repair and tried it on 5 cars - 4 with 8.0 and 1 with older 7 OS. 7 worked fine. 2 of the 4 8.0s connected. Techs couldn't figure it out. Weird.

My phone has been working with my car for 2 1/2 years.

Brought the Phone to Apple - all diagnostics showed that bluetooth / radio was fine. Apple tech recommended wiping the phone, which I did. Still no pairing. I'm 10 hours into troubleshooting here and still can't make calls from the car.
Any other suggestions?

I replaced my iPhone 5S yesterday with a brand new iPhone SE. After many tries and following the instructions over and over, I got it to pair with the car for about 3 seconds but then it dropped the connection. It did leave the name of my phone on the list however. Despite trying to tell the car to connect to the phone and telling the phone to connect to the car, nothing works. I have rebooted the screen to no avail. When I go from the house to the car with my wife's iPhone 5C, the Bluetooth icon turns blue, it shows on the Bluetooth menu as blue. When I go back in and get my phone, nothing at all. The icon stays gray and touching the name of my phone and the connect button causes nothing. I do often get the "Bluetooth initializing ..." screen often. It seems clear to me that something is wrong.

Have you had any luck with your problem yet?

Having recurring problems with my 2013 model S, I tried something that I had not tried before and it seems to do away with the Bluetooth initializing message I kept getting when dropping off the Bluetooth connection. Simply unselect synch contact. After that made theprob go away, I went into Bluetooth settings on my iPhone and allow it to access favorites only and that is still working for me. I have many entries in my contacts which may have caused the issue for all these years.