TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

8.0 Upgrade has not arrived yet

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mheisen, Oct 6, 2016.

  1. mheisen

    mheisen New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2016
    Messages:
    4
    Location:
    Scottsdale AZ
    I have not yet received the upgrade, and I am wondering if there are others in the same boat. I have good wireless coverage in my garage, but the last one I received was a two weeks ago (7.1 for the second time). Thanks for any information.
    Marc Eisen
     
  2. travwill

    travwill Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2015
    Messages:
    893
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Check the other v8 thread(s). No one has. Elon said this week which could be tomorrow or end of this weekend. It very well could be delayed a little more as well (from experience, take what Elon says and quadruple it or don't ever expect it in some cases).

    If your on wifi with good coverage you'll get it ASAP as they push it out to you, but probably won't go out to all Xs on exact same day/time as well so be patient.
     
  3. andrewket

    andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2012
    Messages:
    5,042
    Please don't create another thread on this. Check one of the firmware monitoring sites.

    ev-fw.com, for example.
     
    • Dislike x 1
  4. mheisen

    mheisen New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2016
    Messages:
    4
    Location:
    Scottsdale AZ
    Apologies, was not aware of that site.
     
  5. mheisen

    mheisen New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2016
    Messages:
    4
    Location:
    Scottsdale AZ
    Thanks, much! I am a new owner and just getting my feet on the ground.
     
  6. andrewket

    andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2012
    Messages:
    5,042
    No worries. Welcome.
     
  7. Dawgfan

    Dawgfan Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2016
    Messages:
    39
    Location:
    Snoqualmie
    That website is meaningless gibberish.
     
  8. K-MTG

    K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2015
    Messages:
    2,380
    Location:
    Irvine, CA
    For those of you on wifi and get the mobile app to function while your car is on wifi, can you share your network setup? Need to get mine to work.
     
  9. LovelyCarrot

    LovelyCarrot Member

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2016
    Messages:
    19
    Location:
    Seattle
    Unfortunately I haven't found anything better, has anyone? It's a pretty small sample size of 400 users. Nice thing is you can tell when a new version has released. Other than that, though, not a lot to glean here.
     
  10. outie

    outie Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2016
    Messages:
    486
    Location:
    SoCal
    Why? Is yours not working? My car is connected to wifi and I can use the app on the same wifi network to summon / control the car. Nothing special in terms of network setup.
     
  11. K-MTG

    K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2015
    Messages:
    2,380
    Location:
    Irvine, CA
    Mine works sometimes like 10% of the time when that car is on wifi, the other 90% the car accepts the wifi and the maps, music, web browser all function as expected but the mobile app just says waking up car.
     
  12. outie

    outie Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2016
    Messages:
    486
    Location:
    SoCal
    I'd be so frustrated if that happens to me. I know I have UPnP on so that might be something to check out.
     
  13. K-MTG

    K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2015
    Messages:
    2,380
    Location:
    Irvine, CA
    Don't have that option on my airport extreme, so confused on why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
     
  14. outie

    outie Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2016
    Messages:
    486
    Location:
    SoCal
    Try "Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol". Not sure if that works.
     
  15. K-MTG

    K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2015
    Messages:
    2,380
    Location:
    Irvine, CA
    Yup is enabled
     
  16. mheisen

    mheisen New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2016
    Messages:
    4
    Location:
    Scottsdale AZ
    My 8.0 upgrade showed up this afternoon. I guess I should have asked the question sooner as it seemed to bring me good luck. :)
    Thanks again to those who took the time to answer a newby.
     

Share This Page