Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 USB workarounds???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
ok, don't want to start yet another 8.0 USB gripe thread. I've already participated in several. Hope they fix soon. Until then plz share workarounds.

Ideas:
1) use shuffle through songs. I like all my music, and can skip through something I'm not in mood for.

2) add more ALAC music to iPhone and command via SIRI. Does anyone know how much Bluetooth degrades audio?

3) is anyone aware of a way to connect iPhone to external drive so that iPhone music and Siri will index/control? I think I know apps that will play off networked drive, but no Siri.

4) your ideas!

I'm just leaving it in Shuffle mode. Which to be fair, is the mode I use 90% of the time anyway. Don't get me wrong, I definitely want the Alpha index back, but for now, it's okay. I can live without it. I feel certain they'll add that back in. In the mean time a it might be easier to write in some additional voice commands that would allow direct search of a particular SONG on a particular SOURCE. Right now, voice search defaults to Streaming sources. I'd like to be able to specify. Such as "Play Tough Guy by Celldweller on USB". That would alleviate a lot of the stress over the missing Alpha Index until they can get that added back back in.