Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 XM Channel List - Where Did it Go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after the last update it still seemed broken but just now it reappeared!!! Here's how I found it. I'm in music, full screen. Actually I'm listening to an FM station b/c I couldn't find anything on XM, and I clicked favorites. Then I moved the favorites up on the screen and below them were the XM categories!

Clicked on a category and the stations appeared! Couldn't believe it. Finally!

Hopefully it is here to stay and this wasn't just a fluke.

Had the same issue this week... Switched to channel one with the radio in full screen mode. To the right of the channel it gives you a button that says "stations". Pressed and voila, the XM category folders opened and populated. Now they are there in full or half screen.

Yeah, my categories are gone again. Luckily I have everything saved to favorites that I frequently listen to, but if I ever had to find a game broadcast that would be near impossible. If they had a function to let you type the channel number that would at least help.

Never remember having trouble getting categories before - just noticed today they're gone, probably when I got the 8.0 upgrade. (I normally just use the XM stations already in my Favorites). Tried all the usual fixes mentioned here (multiple reboots, refresh signal from XM Radio, etc) with no luck. Just the "entertainment" folder containing only channel 1 :(
IMG_3041.jpg

Never remember having trouble getting categories before - just noticed today they're gone, probably when I got the 8.0 upgrade. (I normally just use the XM stations already in my Favorites). Tried all the usual fixes mentioned here (multiple reboots, refresh signal from XM Radio, etc) with no luck. Just the "entertainment" folder containing only channel 1 :(View attachment 223115
This is really bizarre. I still have the categories, but I noticed that now my FM favorites are gone! This shouldn't be such a difficult thing, but apparently it is.

I have the exact same issue on my new Model X I picked up a couple weeks ago The channel list won't show up anywhere. The only channel I have under entertainment is XM1 preview. I had to go through one by one and favorite the stations I like to listen to. Not ideal.

^^^^

Yep, it’s very clear that Tesla has audio/web interface on the back burner to devote resources to HW2.

I’ve built workarounds for my USB music and have done same for XM by selecting favorites sprinkled around the channel list.

IMO, BMW has the best XM/Sirius solution with an ability to see a rolling channel list with views by channel, song, whats on coupled with the ability to go back in time......I’ll just settle for Tesla to get a scrolling list coupled with categories.

Reactions: ostimusic
Bumped to see if anyone has come up with a solution/work around. I still just get the one folder "Entertainment" with only channel 1 (Preview) in it.

I can't understand why this is so difficult. I understand and support the need to work on HW2, but can't they do more than one thing at a time?

Reactions: feslatan
I tried that (albeit from inside the garage) and Sirius whined that it has already activated the radio. But I'll try what you suggest next time I'm out.

Thanks.

Yeah, the car has to be seeing the satellites for it to work. I actually have a dead space on my street where we don’t get signal, so I had to park a couple blocks away and wait. A bit annoying. You can also send the signal via the website, FYI.

I tried that (albeit from inside the garage) and Sirius whined that it has already activated the radio. But I'll try what you suggest next time I'm out.

Thanks.
That just means the radio is activated in their system. It doesn't mean tha your tadio has seen the activation signal.

Remember, satellite radio is entirely unidirectional. There is no way for a radio to "phone home" and report its activation status. When you activate a radio, they send out the turn on signal, but if there radio misses it, there's no way for the mother ship to know that.