Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 XM Channel List - Where Did it Go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That just means the radio is activated in their system. It doesn't mean tha your tadio has seen the activation signal.

Remember, satellite radio is entirely unidirectional. There is no way for a radio to "phone home" and report its activation status. When you activate a radio, they send out the turn on signal, but if there radio misses it, there's no way for the mother ship to know that.

Thanks, TGA. Gonna try that this AM.

Let me reconsider my last: I have driven the car for a hundred miles or so - wouldn't that have provided ample opportunity for the channel list to have been downloaded? Or do I maybe have to request another activation while outside?

Can you still only see XM 0 and 1? Or can you manually page through the other channels using the arrows?

If you can still only see 0 and 1, you will need to get another signal sent while you are in the car outside. I had trouble getting a radio activated once and while on the phone with XM in the car outside, they had me disconnect my Bluetooth, then they sent me the signal while I was on the phone. Then it worked.

If you can navigate to the other channels manually, then your radio is active, but when the channel list updates is one of Tesla’s mysteries.

Let me reconsider my last: I have driven the car for a hundred miles or so - wouldn't that have provided ample opportunity for the channel list to have been downloaded? Or do I maybe have to request another activation while outside?

When you’re tuned to channel 1 (the demo channel) can you actually hear any audio? Does the signal meter show any bars? If not I would contact your SC and ask them to check the radio. However, you do have to request the activation when the car is on, tuned to ch. 1, and has a clear view of the sky/satellites.

In my Model X (Aug. 2017 build) the factory “accidentally” omitted the XM radio antenna during manufacturing. Initially the radio didn’t show XM as an option at all. Tesla was able to remotely flip the bit to enable it, but then I had no signal on channel 1 and the radio wouldn’t activate. After a day at the SC they diagnosed that my vehicle was one of the ones with the missing-antenna manufacturing defect (it sounded like this wasn’t the first one they’d seen with this problem). After ordering and installing the antenna (a multi-day effort in and of itself because they received the wrong antenna the first time, and then couldn’t find anyone with the right part to send) the satellite radio works great.