Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, and I'm beginning to doubt the accuracy of that data. For both this build and 17.9.2 ev-fw showed people in Australia having it. Yet, when it really did roll out everyone (who mentioned getting it) all reported getting it within a day of each other.

It would not surprise me if we don't get this build at all, and skip to a later "8.1" build. (This is based on nothing else than some conservatism in sending new AP2 functionality builds to AU cars).
I wonder if the service centre gets an early release to do some local testing on a few cars?
Might explain the usual few weeks delay, with the US waiting to Australian team to give the thumbs up.

The upgrade installed fine for me. The release notes differ from the ones I've seen people in the US post. There's no mention of autosteer speed increasing or summon, but the user manual was updated for both and both seem to work (ie, 100kmh autosteer and summon from the mobile app).

The upgrade installed fine for me. The release notes differ from the ones I've seen people in the US post. There's no mention of autosteer speed increasing or summon, but the user manual was updated for both and both seem to work (ie, 100kmh autosteer and summon from the mobile app).
I have it now too. Can't wait until tomorrow to try out summon.. if its not raining that is..

Key fob it said in release notes.
My autosteer still limited to 50 on suburban roads, was autopilot 1 speed limited low like this?
No, autosteer still needs work on suburban roads, its definitely still over 0.05. Autosteer on the freeway was great. It displayed 3 lanes of traffic, and cars up ahead were shown in all three lanes. It was only when the cars came closer that the single lane was shown. Weird. I think the improvements on the freeways have been made with the long range camera, and the short range camera is still a little iffy, hence crappy autosteer on regular roads and no cars in side lanes displayed on the freeway when they get close.

There's supposed to be a few days of calibration then the higher speed is unlocked.
No, that was BS. It was supposed to recalibrate on freeways to enable greater than 90kmh, but it didn't need calibration, it just worked. Suburban roads are still limited to 50kmh, and that's a good thing. Driving down Toorak Road from Kooyong to Camberwell, the car was wandering out of lanes on slight curves and getting false positives from parked cars and oncoming cars (to a complete stop at one point). I don't think urban AP2 yet has the second camera activated, I think that is limited to freeways for now.