Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.1 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @OzSimon I don't have an issue with the scratch pad coming up.
I usually have to open other apps to go over the scratch pad, it can be very distracting at night!

I haven't enabled EAP yet on my X. Waiting for it to be on par with AP1 first before I do. Hoping for more positive feedback from people like yourself before I do.

Maybe Tesla might give me a try before you buy scenario to help me pull the trigger;)

I usually have to open other apps to go over the scratch pad, it can be very distracting at night!

I haven't enabled EAP yet on my X. Waiting for it to be on par with AP1 first before I do. Hoping for more positive feedback from people like yourself before I do.

Maybe Tesla might give me a try before you buy scenario to help me pull the trigger;)
It's about on par with AP1 on the freeways now.

Reactions: championi

Champ I used mine on the freeway today- it was really good and in heavy traffic managed speed between 120 and 0 really well. I was very happy and found it really reliable. Just waiting for the round town autopilot to improve, but it does seem a little better, have to keep hands on the wheel and alert though.
Are you loving the X like you hoped? Mine exceeds, although I did not have a S before.

Champ I used mine on the freeway today- it was really good and in heavy traffic managed speed between 120 and 0 really well. I was very happy and found it really reliable. Just waiting for the round town autopilot to improve, but it does seem a little better, have to keep hands on the wheel and alert though.
Are you loving the X like you hoped? Mine exceeds, although I did not have a S before.
+1 2 hour drive with my X from bowral to sydney today, most if it on autopilot. Quite impressed , but the repeated requests to put hands on the wheel kind of detract from the experience.

My Model X P100D was delivered a few days back and AP2 is absolutely hopeless at this point.
With the varied reports, I'm beginning to think that different camera calibrations are yielding vastly different results. Or perhaps you are just talking about non freeway driving? Because off the freeway, AP2 is rubbish. On the freeway it has been largely faultless.

My Model X P100D was delivered a few days back and AP2 is absolutely hopeless at this point.

I took delivery last Friday, 9th April. Self drive is great on my Model X on the M1 between Brisbane and Gold Coast. Good with lane change and 110 kph down to stop start traffic. It would not work on the Pacific highway south of Sextons hill on Sunday when I drove down to Macadamia Castle, but worked well north of Sextons hill.

It will generally only work on minor roads below 50 kph, except some sections of Smith street.

I already have 1250 kilometres on my car in 6 days, and love it.

IMHO, AP2 is currently just a wee bit behind AP1 for freeway work right now.
It seems to struggle much more than AP1 in tunnels, with false images causing it to brake inappropriately.
On smaller roads, the new system still lags the old, but improved a lot with the last sw upgrade, hopefully much more to come!

With the varied reports, I'm beginning to think that different camera calibrations are yielding vastly different results. Or perhaps you are just talking about non freeway driving? Because off the freeway, AP2 is rubbish. On the freeway it has been largely faultless.

Well my experience in the first 500km's is quite different. It either doesn't work at all (minor roads) or it tries to kill me (freeways) by travelling at the extreme outer lefthand edge of the lane to the point where it would hit the car next to me if I left it to its own devices. I would have to say that AP2 is pretty close to useless in my limited experience to date. I also have a Model S with AP1 that has been fantastic over the
2yrs of ownwership, and I use the autopilot feature every single time that I drive it.

Well my experience in the first 500km's is quite different. It either doesn't work at all (minor roads) or it tries to kill me (freeways) by travelling at the extreme outer lefthand edge of the lane to the point where it would hit the car next to me if I left it to its own devices. I would have to say that AP2 is pretty close to useless in my limited experience to date. I also have a Model S with AP1 that has been fantastic over the
2yrs of ownwership, and I use the autopilot feature every single time that I drive it.
I think you need to take your car in to get the cameras calibrated. I've had zero issues with it on the freeway, apart from a couple of slowdowns for overhead signs and it once got confused when it changed lanes and the markings merged, but it fixed itself. Other than that, lane discipline has been excellent.

I think you need to take your car in to get the cameras calibrated. I've had zero issues with it on the freeway, apart from a couple of slowdowns for overhead signs and it once got confused when it changed lanes and the markings merged, but it fixed itself. Other than that, lane discipline has been excellent.

If it doesn't get significantly better by 1000km I will be taking it back to ask why; but at this stage I am just hoping it is in a learning cycle or something.