Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.1 seems imminent...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could be wrong but like aesculus mentioned, the update for AP2 is coming soon that brings AP2 cars closer to AP1, which has nothing to do with 8.1. Everyone gets 8.1 next month (if released).
See, given the context of the tweet he's replying to, which is asking "What about 8.1 for HW1?", it seems to me to be clear (unless he misspoke) that he's differentiating AP1 HW and AP2 HW, which suggests that 8.1 is what drops tomorrow for AP2 HW.

Elon Musk on Twitter

But then again we're all just guessing. And forgetting to breath.

See, given the context of the tweet he's replying to, which is asking "What about 8.1 for HW1?", it seems to me to be clear (unless he misspoke) that he's differentiating AP1 HW and AP2 HW, which suggests that 8.1 is what drops tomorrow for AP2 HW.

Elon Musk on Twitter

But then again we're all just guessing. And forgetting to breath.

He did mention in the past that HW1 cars were now resource constrained -- thus putting a software update with new functionality out to HW1 cars would likely require a lot of extra optimizations.

His tweets were not entirely clear -- it seems like either scenario is possible...

He did mention in the past that HW1 cars were now resource constrained -- thus putting a software update with new functionality out to HW1 cars would likely require a lot of extra optimizations.

His tweets were not entirely clear -- it seems like either scenario is possible...

I don't remember this, I seem to remember him saying the exact opposite .... source?

• Disagree
Reactions: fasteddie7
Thanks FlatSix, that's super helpful. I had suspected that they were driving hard to get the safety features going asap -- for obvious reasons -- and that everything else that might come with them were icing on the cake.

I gues this answers that Autopilot on HW2 is not linked to 8.1 as my now misleading title implies. :)