Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8 day vacation without my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked in my garage, plugged in, charge limit set at 50%.

I reached Detroit and picked up a Toyota Forerunner rental. Been driving this thing for 8 days. Seats are comfortable and the the vehicle is roomy but accelerator response time is SLOW. Lots of play in the steering wheel and huge body roll on every turn. My girlfriend even commented that compared to my M3, this vehicle feels like it wants to flip over.

Never saw one Tesla while I was out here. They have Superchargers, though. Someone said that if Tesla wanted to sell their cars directly in Michigan, Tesla would have to open a dealership and showcase the cars. I can believe that since this was the ‘Big 3’ automotive capital of the world, at one time.

I drove a lot on the freeway out here in Detroit. Regular old cruise control sucks. I miss auto steer.

8 days, 500 miles, $70 in fuel pump charges, I’m looking forward to getting back to my car...and my dog.

4A1933EF-7925-4AA3-B0A4-E7B4AD322A95.jpeg

I’m in a 3 week trip to the U.K. driving a Diesel, manual transmission Toyota. Man, do I miss my M3!

Ok, I absolutely LOVE my Tesla M3, but yeah, I also kind of love Diesel Manual vehicles (specifically the Hilux). So yeah, to me that would be fun on occasion. ;-) Bummed we don't have them here.

Also, I love that you were driving a Toyota in Detroit. ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: xpitxbullx