TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

8 dealership employees plead guilty on felony charges

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by zwede, Mar 31, 2015.

  1. zwede

    zwede 2013 P85+

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    501
    Location:
    Plano, TX
    FTC crackdown on a Nissan dealership results in 8 felony charges:

    Ex-dealership staffers face prison

    The FTC has taken 252 actions against dealerships the past year alone for deceptive marketing, odometer fraud and financial (loan) fraud. So much for the dealership argument that they are needed to protect consumers from the manufacturers.

    I hope Tesla uses these statistics in their lobbying efforts in the "Tesla hostile" states.
     
  2. flankspeed8

    flankspeed8 Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2014
    Messages:
    645
    Location:
    Vermillion, MN
    This franchise should be taken away by Nissan USA. No word from NADA?
     
  3. Robert.Boston

    Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2011
    Messages:
    7,842
    Location:
    Portland, Maine, USA
    We could probably write the reply. Key talking points:
    * Dealers first job is consumer protection
    * We commend swift action to remove the few bad apples that detract from our core mission
    * We commend the dealer and Nissan for providing full cooperation to apprehend these individuals
     
  4. AnOutsider

    AnOutsider S532 # XS27

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2009
    Messages:
    11,923
    ...which is actually a fair statement (well the first is fluff, but yeah).
     
  5. Dwdnjck

    Dwdnjck Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2013
    Messages:
    224
    Location:
    Rancho Santa Fe
    Screw a customer...no problem. screw a bank... go directly to jail.
     
  6. Rockster

    Rockster Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,005
    Location:
    McKinney, TX
    Let's pause a moment and be fair here. I think this is a case of the 98% giving the other 2% a bad name.
     
  7. FlasherZ

    FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2012
    Messages:
    7,019
    Sounds like the TSA's SOP when the weekly news article comes out about a TSA agent stealing something or feeling someone up or peddling in illegal pornography.
     
  8. linkster

    linkster Member

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2013
    Messages:
    989
    Location:
    USAX2
    Good one! :biggrin::biggrin:

    (you set me up perfectly with your first sentence)
     
  9. Electricfan

    Electricfan Member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2013
    Messages:
    969
    Location:
    Houston
    True, although I would have said 99.9% giving the other 0.1% a bad name...
     

Share This Page