TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

8 States team up to support electric cars

Discussion in 'North America' started by gg_got_a_tesla, Oct 24, 2013.

1. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

So the article mentions that the Volt is expected to sell 22k this year in the US, as is the Leaf. What do we expect US sales of the Model S to be? Around 17-19k? 22-23k total with about 4-5k going to Europe (I could be way off since I don't follow all the investor threads).
    Odd they didn't mention that...

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

It's the NYTimes after all. They'll avoid mentioning Tesla if they can. Heard about this on NPR but couldn't find any other source online to link to...

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

The first shot is a bunch of 1990s era Rav4 EVs?! Not a good way to impress me. Guessing they had that in a box in a back room somewhere.

5. DLM270

DLM270 #7773

Surprised that Washington State is not included in the coalition of EV supporting states.

6. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

No ZEV law here...the only part of the CARB guidelines that we did not adopt in 2005, because of auto dealer opposition. I don't think (though I am not sure) WA was even asked to participate.

Gov. Inslee just had a workshop a couple of days ago, and there is a possibility that WA will become a ZEV state. I have mixed feelings about it...I don't think we would be where we are without ZEV laws, but I suspect there may be better ways forward. I am not a big fan of supply-side mandates. Although I have to admit if a lot of states get on the ZEV bandwagon, the compliance automakers are going to find it in their own best interests to build compelling EVs.

7. DuncanWatson

DuncanWatson Member

I would love it if WA became a ZEV state. Screw the WA dealers. I am leasing a Ford Focus Electric and when I test drove the Leaf, the Volt and the FFE I found a massive disparity in my treatment at dealers. I was lucky to find a good Ford dealer as regards the FFE but it was luck and many others have had issues.

8. Jace_91

Jace_91 Member

Don't see Florida joining in on this anytime soon, we don't even have safety or emissions testing. They just check the vin when registering an out of state car