Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8' Wall Connectors available now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they figured out the overheating issue. I ordered an 8.5’ charger last night so I can take advantage of the tax credit for this year. I won’t order my vehicle until the beginning of next year. I just checked and It also looks like they’re out of stock again.

I certainly haven't. I've read about overheating issues but there was a post on at least 1 forum that a firmware update was available to fix that issue. I don't know if it actually worked. I've also read they are encouraging all their destination charging locations to upgrade to Gen 3. Could it be they are filling those orders first? Either way, they've been out of stock for at least 2 weeks and probably longer. Given they should be able to churn out hundreds or maybe even thousands of these a day, something is wrong in Tesla-land.

I have an app(web alert) on my android phone set to check tesla site for in stock changes every 30 min. I need an 18ft wall connector. Is anyone interested in creating a group text message or whats app so when someone notices any of them in stock they can quickly let other people know?

Reactions: BZM3
As an earlier post said, thank you to TonyMS for selling his 18' unit to me.

For those who don't know, the Wall Connector communicates with the Powerwalls to ensure that the latter aren't depleted in the event of a power failure. Since I live in "green" California, we decommissioned a bunch of nuclear and coal fire plants — and we have been suffering though power outages when there isn’t enough wind or solar to keep the grid up — like since late last week. So I have been running off of my solar and Powerwalls while the rest of the neighborhood went dark.

And that means I am charging my Tesla and Prius in the afternoon when I have plenty of solar power and unplugging them before the sun goes down.

Oh yeah -- and our state government banned the use of natural gas in new buildings so that everyone has to rely on the comes-and-goes electric grid.