Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8 week wait for Model 3 2021 parts!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a Model 3 in March and 2 weeks later someone opened a taxi door without looking and smashed my wing mirror and side panels whilst I was driving! I sent the car off to a recommended Tesla dealer and still don't have it back 6 weeks later. Tesla parts are saying parts won't be available until 24th May (I'm even doubtful of this), which means I won't have had my car for 8 weeks+. I have constantly emailed Tesla parts, but they provide little info and don't respond to direct questions... the whole situation seems impossible.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!

Unfortunately all too common - as well as being a complete PITA, we will all likely be paying the price in increased insurance premiums due to extended courtesy car periods.

Tesla are going to need to sort the issue out especially with parts that are even out of stock in Europe.

I ordered a heated steering wheel at the start of March, was told at the time there were none in Europe. More than 2 months later I still don’t have it.

I’m not particularly fussed as I’m not expecting it to work, but it does mean that anyone getting a MY21 car with steering wheel damage on delivery is in the same boat.

It’s just madness.

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB
I had a van driver run into my passenger side wing at the end of Jan. I still don’t have the car back although the repairer (Tesla approved) have had the parts for 4 weeks and are saying it will be end of next week so that’s about 4 months.

Its awful isn't it?

Our Model 3's passenger side window sustained a crack just 2 days after collection, and we have now been waiting 6 weeks for Autoglass to come back to us with a date for replacement.

No wonder insurance costs must seem so high if vehicles are off the road so long and you are left with costly hire cars.

I had to wait for an articulated lorry to unload at the SC one morning. I’d say parts are batched over expedited. Other manufacturers manage global supply chains too and they make it look easy. Tesla only have 4 models and each of those has about 1/2 the parts of an ICE.

Inventory? What inventory. Anything that might make it to service is robbed to supply the production line. Crazy model.

Exactly a month for a replacement radiator hose. Over a month now for a replacement door card trim (the wood bit) because the replacement turned up damaged apparently.

Something I didn't know previously to buying the car and, although I had a courtesy car for the entire time so not the end of the world I "suppose", still scared that something more serious happens and it ends up off the road again.

As said above. Tesla REALLY need to sort this.

• Helpful
Reactions: Puzuk
Imagine owning a car thats out of warranty and needing a part costing £10 but because its not available your car is off the road for months?!

Its been a complaint since the early days and was put down to growing company etc, but that exciuse is wearing a bit thin now. They partly solved it with a parts holding in Tilburg but thats closing if not closed now so back to square one.

Sadly OP, there's not a lot you can do

Reactions: Durzel
During my last visit at the SC (picking up the car after the motor replacement) I was told that they are planning to open up a parts center here in the UK. I really don't know the truth behind this and by when this will happen. It will definitely help resolve this issues; as long they keep it stocked though and not pillage the stocks to boost production.
This is a major issue though that needs to be resolved since at the moment it affects customer experience; increases premiums on insurance and the moment we start having cars out of warranty it will get even worst.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger