TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

8 Years with a Tesla Model 3 (at 15k/yr, at least)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by shrspeedblade, Sep 16, 2020.

1. smashcz

smashcz Member

I only see - since last charge - trip A - trip B.
    I don't see total.

2. travis1906

travis1906 Member

Had to reply. Have a M3 Mid-Range bought in Feb 2019 with 40K miles. Black with black interior. Total chrome delete with black matte center console and wood trim!

Looking forward to driving this as long as I can!

• Like x 1
  3. Futuresystem

Futuresystem Member

#63 Futuresystem, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Not sure you can find lifetime, however make your own as follows:
    Once you get “since last charge”, scroll upwards. There are four totals, 1. Since xx:xx (latest drive).
    2. Since last charge.
    3 Trip A.
    4. Trip B.
    .... so you can reset just one for a trip.
    I leave the last one alone and don’t ever reset it so it’s effectively lifetime, apart from the few miles driven before delivery.
    I also changed it’s label from “Trip B” to “Lifetime, don’t reset”.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. Futuresystem

Futuresystem Member

Great summary. We have had our car a year here in Oz (Australia) and love it more every day. It’s a stealthy P.
    It’s by far the best car, and the best new car experience we have ever had! Even a year later I still look for excuses to go for a drive.
    Elon summed it up so well years ago when he said “We don’t build slow cars” (or was it “boring cars”?)
    Either way, he’s right!

• Love x 1
  5. M109Rider

M109Rider Active Member

I did the exact same. “Lifetime don’t change”. :)

6. hcdavis3

hcdavis3 HCD3

I’ve had to replace the flux capacitor twice on my car with 2800 miles.

7. Cmdred

Cmdred Member

So I use miles per percent, because its easier to track what my range is supposed to be. I can't translate Wh/mile to range. I would really like to hear what effective range per percent battery usage people are getting with their M3 Performance, because I'm getting way below what was advertised.

8. Kat Jacks

Kat Jacks Supporting Member

Your article is very interesting. My red TM3 is being delivered tomorrow (9/29) and I'm so excited. The delivery driver called me tonight with ETA. Your comments are reassuring. This car has a big price tag for me and I want to take really good care of it.

• Like x 1
  9. SD_MDL3

SD_MDL3 Member

I have a 2018 mid-range at 20k miles. What are you seeing for degradation / full charge capacity?

10. sjesser

sjesser Member

Just noticed I said my range was 262 miles. It's actually 260 miles but you probably already knew that. When I charge it fully I get 252 miles.

11. sjesser

sjesser Member

Get some!!!!!!

12. EnrgyNDpndnce

EnrgyNDpndnce Member

This. Although I didn’t know you could change the label from Trip B to whatever. Going to try that out, thanks!

13. smashcz

smashcz Member

So there is no way to see lifetime?

14. Hyperion M3P-

Hyperion M3P- Member

No worries. At the end of your lease, you'll be poised to receive your Tesla Cybertruck (presuming you've reserved one early enough and are still going through with the purchase)

15. Xambler

Xambler Member

So many variables. Driving around Cape Coral where everything is flat and highest speed limit in entire city is 55, I average about 340 miles per charge. Driving up to north GA mountains I hit 2 super chargers (600 mile trip) and average 280 miles per full charge going 75 the whole way (maybe faster in Atlanta as is dangerous to go slow there). Going back to FL with a tailwind (and going down in elevation over all) we got 310 miles per charge (it was a strong tailwind...and I set AP at 80 for most of that trip ).. Tire pressure 47 as pressure can affect mileage also...pretty loaded car and with wife and dog. Interestingly, tooling around the mountain roads (lots of high speed curves and very steep roads both paved and gravel) did not seem to affect mileage much at all. 95% of the trip back and forth was navigate by autopilot If that helps. Never have even tried chill mode. Actually just realized I’ve never even tried anything but sport steering .

• Like x 1