Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

800 mile 0 degree road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just took a 800 mile road trip from Denver to Ft Worth in our new Model Y Performance. It was the easiest trip we’ve ever done… Love me some electric road tripping. The temp when we left was 0. We did get up to 14 the first day in New Mexico. A balmy 30 by the time we got to Ft Worth.

Left with 100%
Stopped in Pueblo just for a charge…
We didn’t need to stop but my son and his in laws were hanging in Trinidad so we had dinner with them and got a full charge
The computer said we could make it to Amarillo if we drove slow but we were conservative on our first road trip and stopped in Clayton NM for a few minutes.
Stayed at the Home2Suites in Amarillo and woke up with a warm car and a free full tank.
Childress for a couple of minutes of charge
Then some good BBQ and a charge in Henrietta
Arrived in Ft worth with 39%

The comfort and relatively frequent stops were a real change to my usual ‘no stopping, pee in a bottle’ approach to road tripping. Very relaxing. Anyway, I posted this because I would have loved to see more info on these types of trips but it was tough to find them..

Merry Christmas all!
Those low temps really impact battery reserves downward, thanks for the update.