Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

82kwh LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my March built MYLR on 3/30. I bought a CAN bus adapter and an OBD2 sensor and downloaded the Scan My Tesla app. It appears as though it has a 82kwh battery pack. Any other reports of the larger batter pack in the LR versions? Is my app correct?

Screenshot_20210408-185959.jpg

So I picked up my March built MYLR on 3/30. I bought a CAN bus adapter and an OBD2 sensor and downloaded the Scan My Tesla app. It appears as though it has a 82kwh battery pack. Any other reports of the larger batter pack in the LR versions? Is my app correct?

View attachment 652197
That would be cool. What was your VIN? Interested in hearing if anyone else confirms this. My build date was 3/25 but I don’t have the necessary tools to run a test.

I'm showing 325mi at 100%. I'm thinking that maybe the extra kwh's can be unlocked with a future software update? I don't know, it seems like the app is showing that it's usable already.
Chances are it's reserved for conditioning so that it can keep showing you max 325 for a longer time (years of driving and recharging) before the battery starts to actually display degradation.

Good marketing ploy. Solid State Drive manufacturers do the same, with a 10~20% extra capacity reserved for replacing dead nodes over time. 20% of your drive is dead before you actually start seeing reduced capacity.

Reactions: damonbrodie
Chances are it's reserved for conditioning so that it can keep showing you max 325 for a longer time (years of driving and recharging) before the battery starts to actually display degradation.

Good marketing ploy. Solid State Drive manufacturers do the same, with a 10~20% extra capacity reserved for replacing dead nodes over time. 20% of your drive is dead before you actually start seeing reduced capacity.
either way its good news and I hope my MY has a larger pack when it is delivered.

Reactions: olsookie
I have a 158XXX VIN and used the energy chart miles projection X wh/mi divided by 1000 and then divided by the % remaining to back into a battery size of 78.2 kWh. I would expect that to be usable battery and it checks out at 240 wh/mi to provide 325.8 miles. Since there would always be a buffer, maybe there’s an extra 5 kWh that can be software released in the future? Using the rates range wh/mi, that would be another 20 miles of range.

Real world, if you’re getting something like 280 wh/mi, the 326 miles becomes 279 miles and the extra 5 kWh would give you 17.8 miles. I’m good as is, but I’d take it.

Reactions: Langzaiguy
Team 75kWh checking in: I don't need it, but I want it.

View attachment 652197