Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

84 year old grandmother very disappointed...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 84 yo mother decided to order a Tesla Model 3. She went down and test drove one...loved it, and went home to order on line. She was assured by the salesman that she would receive it by 12/31/19, and was excited, because she would be able to take advantage of the tax incentive...and she was looking forward to her new red Tesla! Her first electric car!
On 12/26 she received a confirmation that she could pickup her car on 12/30 at 6pm in Buena Park. She then proceeded to sell her car in anticipation of receiving her new Tesla! ..and she arranged for friends and family to accompany her to pick up her new car
IMG_20191230_182900_283.jpg
A day or two before her scheduled delivery date, she received a call that her car would not be arriving as promised, and that there was no ETA!
What the heck Tesla!??? How can you treat a new customer like this, especially an 84 yo grandmother!???
Very...very disappointed.

My 84 yo mother decided to order a Tesla Model 3. She went down and test drove one...loved it, and went home to order on line. She was assured by the salesman that she would receive it by 12/31/19, and was excited, because she would be able to take advantage of the tax incentive...and she was looking forward to her new red Tesla! Her first electric car!
On 12/26 she received a confirmation that she could pickup her car on 12/30 at 6pm in Buena Park. She then proceeded to sell her car in anticipation of receiving her new Tesla! ..and she arranged for friends and family to accompany her to pick up her new carView attachment 494679 .
A day or two before her scheduled delivery date, she received a call that her car would not be arriving as promised, and that there was no ETA!
What the heck Tesla!??? How can you treat a new customer like this, especially an 84 yo grandmother!???

They really should tell you not to sell your car until taking delivery. I trusted their estimate and sold my car and ended up without a car for 3 months without an ETA, all so they could ship cars overseas to make more profit.

My 80- year old mother had nothing but a great order/delivery experience for her M.3.

I'm pretty sure they were specifically picking on your family....

*Nice* 1st post btw x2.

• Funny
Reactions: sacraM3nto
Tesla apparently lacks the software to track current and future production. Maybe they should hire some college interns to write it for them.
or they've taken a few pages from the airline industry and overbook in the event of cancellations. what i fail to reason is how there seem to be so many on the lots for immediately delivery, yet online/custom orders still seem to fall to the wayside.

ibtl.

• Disagree
Reactions: Type 5
or they've taken a few pages from the airline industry and overbook in the event of cancellations. what i fail to reason is how there seem to be so many on the lots for immediately delivery, yet online/custom orders still seem to fall to the wayside.

ibtl.

Seems many of the cars on the lot and available for immediate delivery are the $50,000+ LR or more expensive Performance models. And a lot the cars not being shipped are the $39,000 SR+. So it is not always like for like. Because if it was, I am sure people with delayed cars would drive a few miles and pick up the inventory cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Type 5
Huh, given the photo is date stamped December 30th at 6:29 pm, she seems pretty happy despite the cancellation that would have occurred a day or two prior.
IMG_20191230_182900_283.jpg

Maybe they are giving her an X instead of a 3!

At least she will be able to get in and out of an X. And the doors will open automatically when she walks up, and close automatically when she puts it in reverse or drive. And is she rides in the back, the Falcon Wing doors open like a boss and shield you from that nasty rain or sun.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Type 5 and mongo