Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D 0-60 times 5.2 or 4.4? Tesla CPO site says 5.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PowerTools is for iOS. Dashboard for Tesla is for Android. Both use the car’s web API for data. One user is working on an app-less (browser only) version. Both of these tool apps are better than vBox in that you get power details in addition to speed over time. But some people prefer that vBox measures itself and doesn’t rely on the car reporting.

You can derive torque from power but the CAN bus will give you per motor torque and the other details at hundredth second, rather than tenth second granularity, unfortunately it requires some car disassembly and rough software tools.

The Performance Metrics I assemble for users are gathered using these tools, not vBox.

By the way, if anyone ever did a runlog on the 85s before the 2015 over the air upgrade, that data would be really helpful. Maybe someone could tell me from the old firmware copies what the old torque setting, old max power setting and the old battery current values were, but that would be a stretch of my expertise.

Last edited:
Reactions: nsxpert
Wow..this car experience keeps getting better and better! Bought preowned (build 6/2015) MS 85D in October 2018. Not only do I have better than new (272 miles) range, but now I find I have possibly 20% faster 0-60! 6000 miles since purchase, 311 wh/mi, but never been out of chill mode.

Reactions: mspohr