TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

85D AP Activation

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jiten87, Jun 17, 2018.

1. jiten87

jiten87 Member

Hello!

i am looking to buy a used 85D and noticed that it has APv1 software but I don't think it is activated, does anyone know how much it is to have it activated? This is a MS CPO from tesla's site.

Thanks!

2. croman

croman Active Member

I thought all CPOs get AP activated and all battery capacity unlocked too. You might have it activated already in the price.

3. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

Call 877-798-3752‬ and they should be able to tell you. That's the number for Customer Support & Roadside Assistance

EDIT: since you aren't customer yet it's probably better to call Sales at 888-518-3752

Contact | Tesla

• Helpful x 1
  4. jiten87

jiten87 Member

If this is the case, then it doesn't seem to be listing it in the order page. Do you know what is included in the "tech package" ?

5. croman

croman Active Member

The tech package changed over time. I would think it includes AP convenience features if it's being sold by Tesla. It costs Tesla nothing to activate it and gives them additional value/revenue when selling... But confirm before buying as @mblakele suggested.

• Helpful x 2
  6. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Remember after it is activated it can take some time to calibrate.. Just like the Mytesla website wont update for a few hours. Your results may vary.

7. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

An 85D would be HW1 so there’d be no wait for calibration. When I picked up my HW1 90D it had 11-mi on the odo and AP was available immediately.

8. E-Ryc

E-Ryc Member

I've activated EAP on AP2 car (used one) and it worked immediately, no need to drive any noticeable distance before. So the calibration probably happens on background even if AP is not activated.

• Informative x 1
  9. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

I had the same experience in my recent purchase. The used car dealer said it didnt have AP and under priced it accordingly. It just waiting to have driver assistance options switched on. Check the attached menus to confirm

Attached Files: