TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

85D Production Started!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by atechsnob, Nov 4, 2015.

1. atechsnob

atechsnob Member

So excited! My 85D which confirmed on 10/1 scheduled for a Late November delivery just started production! I almost considered changing to a 90D last minute but I already went from my original plan of a 70D so I figured I'd just stick with the 85D! I also mulled getting SAS but decided against that as well. Full options listed below.:love::cool::biggrin:

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 12.08.43 PM.png

2. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Welcome!!!

My S90D started yesterday so theres that... LOL :)

Jeff

3. atechsnob

atechsnob Member

Congrats! I almost went with the Deep Blue Metallic I love that color! Actually test drove the 70D in that color beautiful car. B5F5FBD3-C37A-4009-AA5E-72CABE5AFA9F.jpg E979409A-F227-4630-A6C8-AA75DAD12F14 (1).jpg

4. donv

donv Member

Welcome! I picked up my 85D this morning. I also started out thinking about a 70D, but decided a bit of extra range was worth it. For what I do with the car, I couldn't convince myself that I needed more than the 85 (really, the 70 would have done everything I needed).

5. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

#5 Thundalicious, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Congrats!!
    My 85D confirmed 10/20. What's your VIN if you don't mind me asking? I figure I'm still a week or two out.

6. atechsnob

atechsnob Member

Likewise! My VIN is 110701.

7. SubSolar

SubSolar Member

I also have an 85D on order! On Purchase Agreement is says Delivery On or About 11/28. Based on the progress of your guys' cars I'm guessing more like early to mid December. I ordered 10/15 and confirmed on 10/21. VIN 113800's.

8. Petra

Petra Member

Congrats!

My 70D entered production yesterday... so, I'm pretty excited as well. Granted, I placed my order on 8/22.

9. SubSolar

SubSolar Member

Oh wow, over 2 months from order to start of production? I'm probably looking at January delivery then.

10. Petra

Petra Member

Oh, no... I probably should have clarified that the delay was at my request. See, I originally opted for an early December delivery and it looks like the car will be ready early (which is perfectly okay--I just wanted to wait and see what happened with the HP split before forking money over to Tesla...also my Leaf lease doesn't end until December).

11. SubSolar

SubSolar Member

Oh, phew.

12. Thundalicious

Thundalicious Member

Production today!
    Ordered 10/13. Confirmed 10/20.

13. SubSolar

SubSolar Member

Same here, confirmed 10/21. Tesla guy said delivery should be right after Thanksgiving.

14. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Just ordered an 85D today :)

So we are looking at about 5 weeks from "confirmed" to estimated delivery? I will be confirmed on 11/17...hopefully to take delivery before Christmas :)

15. ndhaon91

ndhaon91 Member

Happy for you guys.... but what the hell? I was confirmed 10/14 and still no production. I wonder what the process is.

16. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Confirmed 10/15. Production started 11/4. Should be just about finished.

17. Model S M.D.

I noticed you have "2016" in your signature. Did you decode your VIN and confirm its a "2016" model? I know Tesla is different than other car manufacturers, so there is no real model year--just curious!

18. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Yeah. I should change that. At the time I made my signature I just assumed I would have a 2016 model and didn't realize Tesla doesn't adhere to standard model years. It is a 2015 vin. Sorry for the confusion.

19. vlad.trotsenko

Also went for 85D, just read that 90D owners informed about significant range decrease for the first several weeks, so did not want to be Beta-tester for the new silicon battery chemistry :)

20. Model S M.D.

I had the same logic as you. I wanted the bigger battery, but did not want to beta test the new chemistry as I've also read about the significant degradation in such a short period of time. The 85 seems to be a tried and true battery, at least more so than the 90.