TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

85D Sightings

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MarcG, Feb 8, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

I was staying at the Hyatt in Incline Village, NV for skiing over the weekend and plugged in overnight next to an 85D.

Turns out there was a Tesla tent with employees giving test drives or rides, and they had a couple of P85Ds and a red 85D - here it is parked with mine in the background:

image.jpg

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

You sure that wasn't in Australia? :tongue: Try it this way:

attachment.jpg

3. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Looks the same on my iPhone, which is where I posted from. Known issue with photos on iOS...

4. PlanB

PlanB Banned

WOW it's like the Loch Ness Monster!............I was told there where no 85D's made yet.

Can't wait!

5. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Yipeee.

Can't wait for a road test to see/feel the difference between the S85D and the P85D.
    Have driven P85D (loaner) already, love the Next Gen seats and handling (very crisp and taunt).

Wondering how much of the handling/tracking may be similar with the S85D.

6. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

My 85D is done and just waiting for more vehicles to complete to be on a truck to get here for delivery. My car started production on January 17th, was pulled from the line after paint due to delays and finally went back on the line Wednesday and finished on Thursday. I'm waiting on transportation to Seattle at this point, on Friday they needed 3 more cars to complete the shipment.

Most of the cars that have been made have been directed towards Europe. I'd expect marketing cars to start showing up pretty much all over North America next week (not surprised that a test drive event had one this weekend). I'd asked to be let know when I could test drive one but it looks like I'll have my car before that would be possible.

7. Tree95

Tree95 Member

You held your phone upside down. It'so not an iOS issue. Other iOS devices flip it upright, but non-iOS devices see your mistake-an upside down photo.

get in the habit of holding your phone the right way when taking a photo.

8. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

No need to be condescending. I'll hold my phone the way I want to, and if technology isn't smart enough to figure out how I'm holding it then it's not my problem. I am of the philosophy that technology exists to enhance our lives, not make it more difficult.
    In this case, clearly iOS is reading a tag in the image properly, but other OS's reading it off this website isn't. So something is off and I'm not in a position (or have the desire) to fix it. There is no right or wrong way to hold an iPhone in landscape mode to take a picture, so the mere fact that you are calling it out as a mistake is very irritating.

9. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Not to get into an iOS vs. everything debate... but most other modern phone OSes/camera (non-iOS) software simply seems to write the file with the image oriented correctly (as in, the pixels themselves, not a flag) if the orientation is 180-degress or more out of what the phone would consider normal. iOS needs to get on-board.

As to the topic at hand... awesome to see an 85D in the wild, sort of. Did you get a test drive? :)

10. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

No 85Ds in Canada yet according to a Tesla rep I spoke with on Saturday. No word on when shipments will come here yet either...

11. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Didn't have time unfortunately... next time.

12. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

Saw an 85D other than my own today in North Bend, WA.

IMG_20150305_142557.jpg
    IMG_20150305_142546.jpg