TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

85D Steering Mode

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SaintsFanNOLA, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SaintsFanNOLA

SaintsFanNOLA Member

Today's the last day to make changes to my order (w/out a fee) and I'm having trouble getting a consistent answer on steering option settings (sport/standard/comfort) in the 85D? Are these available in the dual motor models, or just the S85? I understand this was not originally available in the P85, but recent software changes have made this available in all models now?? Can anyone with an 85D confirm is this is available? Thanks.

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Sport/Standard/Comfort have been available since the beginning of Model S deliveries.

My Sig P85 has been on "Sport" since I took delivery. :) [Well technically I fiddled with the options a little on day 1 and stuck with Sport after that.]

As an example, observe the date of the first post in this thread...
    What steering mode do you use?

3. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

They are on my 85D. I tried the sport setting the other day but switched back to standard.

4. Six

Six Member

The only time (as far as I know) that steering option settings (sport/standard/comfort) were not available is for initial deliveries of the P85D. The P85D initially only supported standard/comfort. This was updated after 1-2 months in an over the air software update.

5. KennyB-FLL

KennyB-FLL Member

Fort Lauderdale, FL and Rehoboth Beach, DE
    I took delivery of my 85 D on 2/28. Steering settings available are Comfort, Standard and Sport. I found for around town driving Comfort suits my needs, but when on the interstate for any period of time I switch it over to Sport. Much more steering response.