Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D Steering Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's the last day to make changes to my order (w/out a fee) and I'm having trouble getting a consistent answer on steering option settings (sport/standard/comfort) in the 85D? Are these available in the dual motor models, or just the S85? I understand this was not originally available in the P85, but recent software changes have made this available in all models now?? Can anyone with an 85D confirm is this is available? Thanks.

Today's the last day to make changes to my order (w/out a fee) and I'm having trouble getting a consistent answer on steering option settings (sport/standard/comfort) in the 85D? Are these available in the dual motor models, or just the S85? I understand this was not originally available in the P85, but recent software changes have made this available in all models now?? Can anyone with an 85D confirm is this is available? Thanks.
Sport/Standard/Comfort have been available since the beginning of Model S deliveries.

My Sig P85 has been on "Sport" since I took delivery. :) [Well technically I fiddled with the options a little on day 1 and stuck with Sport after that.]

As an example, observe the date of the first post in this thread...
What steering mode do you use?

They are on my 85D. I tried the sport setting the other day but switched back to standard.

The only time (as far as I know) that steering option settings (sport/standard/comfort) were not available is for initial deliveries of the P85D. The P85D initially only supported standard/comfort. This was updated after 1-2 months in an over the air software update.

I took delivery of my 85 D on 2/28. Steering settings available are Comfort, Standard and Sport. I found for around town driving Comfort suits my needs, but when on the interstate for any period of time I switch it over to Sport. Much more steering response.