Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D vs P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMO , not really. It al depends what you are looking for. The only reason why I would go with the 85D is due to more range . on paper you would be getting an avg of 295 miles and you would still have, I believe, about 568HP with both electric motors combined. 0 to 60 in 5.2 seconds, which if you are looking for that thrill I'm sure you could make it to 60in under 5 . now, if all you are looking for is power, P85D is you.

For the extra speed and looks the price it is worth every penny.
If you like fast speed like a Ferrari 458 then the P85D is a must but remember the car is very big and not that good on corners.
I am planning to order the 85D which is more than what I need for power and range.
This car will be my main family car.
For me if I what a very fast car I get a 2nd 2 seater sports car.

The difference S85D to P85D is 0-100kph in 5.4seconds vs 3.4seconds. So, yes, it is dramatic. The P85D also has the option for new seat design. P85D supposedly being delivered a few months earlier.

Is that worth HK$150k? Answer is it depends on what it is worth to you.

IMO , not really. It al depends what you are looking for. The only reason why I would go with the 85D is due to more range . on paper you would be getting an avg of 295 miles and you would still have, I believe, about 568HP with both electric motors combined. 0 to 60 in 5.2 seconds, which if you are looking for that thrill I'm sure you could make it to 60in under 5 . now, if all you are looking for is power, P85D is you.

85D should have 380HP

Have you driven a P85+? It is very good on corners - as good or better than a BMW M5. And with AWD and torque vectoring the P85D should be even better.
Yes that is the one I tested and no it is way to heavy and big for corners compare to my BMW F10 528i.
only the speed is good. Even the sales guys say the handling for corners is not as good as my 5er.
HK roads are very twisted so need to mod the car to have better handing.

Yes that is the one I tested and no it is way to heavy and big for corners compare to my BMW F10 528i.
only the speed is good. Even the sales guys say the handling for corners is not as good as my 5er.
HK roads are very twisted so need to mod the car to have better handing.

hi pinguhk,
we chat before on bmw 5 series e60 forum. Are you going to change to tesla ?