Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D wrong color in Android app.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a grey car, it's showing as blue in the app.

ol9oG0l.png

Kind of making my ocd go crazy :)

Don't know how you got so blue
Don't know what's come over you
My Android found someone new
It's gone and made my Tesla blue

It's gone and made my Tesla,
Gone and made my Tesla,
Gone and made my Tesla blue!

Ha, lol. I'll let Tesla know. I searched and didn't find anything on this so I'm sure they can resolve it. Though in all truth the grey has a lot of blue in it under many lighting conditions. It's definitely sad though, cooped up in the garage with this snow outside.

That doesn't look like my blue, maybe that's their new gray:

I thought the same thing but didn't say anything because I couldn't find a screenshot of a blue car in the app.

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely sad though, cooped up in the garage with this snow outside.

Point her this way and we'll go play in the beautiful weather we're having up here. :cool:

I recall reading a post in which the owner described his request of tech support to change the color of his rims (in the 17" display, and presumably the app) after he changed them to a darker color. They did. A call or email may be similarly successful in the case above.

That doesn't look like my blue, maybe that's their new gray
I thought that, and it doesn't show perfectly in my screenshot but on the phone it's very blue, very similar to your screenshot. I've asked a few people and they all say BLUE. The color of the car is so much lighter and ... greyer than the car in my app. On the laptop now I see my screenshot looks darker and blacker but still quite blue. Your blue screenshot is bluer, yes. But my actual car is not blue, dark navy or otherwise :) Hopefully Tesla can load an accurate hue into my app. That sounds dirty.

Funny thing is, in person, your blue car looks more like my dark blue app image. It's not nearly as bright and light in person as in your app image. In contrast, the grey images they use on the website are so dark they look almost black, but in person it's very much a medium grey, not super dark as they display nearly everywhere. This is the color of my car.

Same as the blue that shows for my blue P85D.

Here is a difference map of manually aligned shots of my app and the one posted:
diffmap.jpg

Only shows differences, being the rims and mine was on charge, along with my manual alignment artifacts.

Same color. The blue has always showed lighter in the app and pics than in real life.

Tesla wrote back promptly that they'll take care of it and update my app in a few days.

View attachment 73029

I wouldn't be surprised if they write back again to tell you that actually the color in your app is correct.

I know you said the screenshot didn't show the true color, but the screenshot of the blue looks exactly like what the blue in my app looks like. It could be some sort of mistake on Tesla's part, but I think there is at least some chance that it's correct, and they just sent you an answer saying they'd fix it without confirming that it was actually wrong.