TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

86% of June Model 3s "reworked"

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SoCalGuy, Aug 21, 2018.

1. jellis03

jellis03 Member

Only issue I had with my June build was that the windshield had a bunch of spots on the passenger's side that wouldn't come out. They had to replace my windshield...with one that has a scratches all over the middle. :/

• Informative x 1
  2. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Did they end up replacing it a second time?

• Informative x 1
  3. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

#23 Electroman, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Lopez is known for publishing fake reports. She allegedly paid money to the saboteur to steal some internal documents and production pictures, and twists that to give a negative slant.

You can file anything under, "internal documents from insider anonymous sources". All you need in that document somewhere these two words, "83%", "rework".

I don't understand how these scumbags go scott free holding stolen documents. If someone sells me a stolen painting, and I know that is stolen I am equally liable along with the thief that stole it. Somehow it doesn't appear to be true for journalists, if I can call her that.

• Like x 3
  4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I take this with a grain of salt. We have had our 3 four months now and quality was excellent. We did have an issue with the glovebox latch that a friendly Ranger just fixed today. Overall I am quite pleased.

• Like x 2
  5. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

RED LIGHT!

"
    There are a number of posts by purported people who just joined TMC after they purportedly got their Model 3s."

Professional hacks have been caught posting bogus, negative "reviews" on chat lists who are being paid to post by short sellers (e.g. Chanos) and industries (e.g. Big Oil) with a conflict of financial interest. Don't believe everything you read!

• Like x 2
  6. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

Better to keep quiet, try and figure out who did it, and let it blow over.

7. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

So are you saying all of these folks are just Tesla haters? How would you be able to know if they are genuine owners who joined to find out how to resolve an issue they've encountered?

I for one have joined several user forums (Klipsch, Apple, eg) when I've faced issues with products.

Everyone can't always be out to get us. Put differently, not everything is "fake news."

• Like x 3
  8. jellis03

jellis03 Member

No, I figured I'd just live with it. The scratches aren't really that deep. They just look bad when the sun hits them. I don't want the Tesla Service Center to start hating me for being picky :)

• Like x 1
  9. M109Rider

M109Rider Active Member

I own a BMW, owneded Ford’s , owned a Honda, a Toyota, and a Jeep.
    All new, and everyone had issues of carrying degrees from new.
    The manufacturing process is done by people and robots.
    All prone to mistakes and issues.
    Not everything can be caught.
    I would like everything to arrive perfect, but I’m realistic enough to know, some people are going to get a car that isn’t flawless.

I agree, these reports are meant to be damaging based on personal interests.

I haven’t seen anything to indiacate Tesla is worse than any other car manufacturer.

No wonder Elon gets so upset.
    Imagine pouring your heart into your work daily, only to have someone report this stuff at the end of the day. ..

• Like x 1
  10. Gavyne

Gavyne Member

Do other car manufacturers track issues that you end up having your dealership fix? Because all my previous cars had issues in one form or another brand new, that the dealership fixed.

So far from most of the reports we've seen on the forums, including my own Model 3 which I took delivery in July, the issues are very minor and easily fixed. So I tend to agree these reports are being reported in a way that tries to make Tesla look worse than other car companies. And as usual we have no idea where these reports came from, and we have to end up trusting the media which I think we all can agree do a piss poor job at vetting their sources in the recent years.

• Like x 1
  11. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

That's the thing... Tesla is under a microscope. Anything that happens to them is in the news. If 100 Fords catch fire, people would just say the owners don't know how to screw on a gas cap. If 1 tesla catches fire, everybody panic! We as owners aren't a lot better. We inspect our cars with much more detail. I can't remember ever looking over my new Civic for possible paint defects. (or joining a civic forum for that matter)

• Like x 1
  12. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

If we are sharing anecdotes, my neighbor just took delivery of a 3 two weeks ago, his first Tesla. He had a drive unit failure on day 2 with 80 miles on the odometer. I haven't heard if he got his car back yet.

So there are some cars with real problems out of the gate. Who knows what the overall numbers are though.

• Helpful x 1
  13. adaptabl

adaptabl Banned

Saw the factory tour. I was surprised how poorly parts were being stored for assembly it looked like a mess. I have been in other factories and all parts were stored on or in specialized racks or bins to keep from damaging the parts. Now we know how they got almost 5,000 in a week with that kind of defect rate. Worse than an old Monday built car from the 70's

• Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 1
  14. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

You mean like these ones labeled and everything?
    [​IMG]

• Love x 2
  15. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

LOL... Come on... I love the picture posted right after your FUD...

Jeff

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  16. adaptabl

adaptabl Banned

• Disagree x 5
    • Funny x 1
  17. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

There's been 5,000 delivery reports every week on TMC?

• Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  19. adaptabl

adaptabl Banned

Don't need to, the facts speak for themselves.

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  20. robski

robski Member

An average plant still does 20 - 35% rework and you'd never know if yours was one of them.

This thread sheds so much light on new Tesla owners.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1