Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

88,888 mile update MY AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
88 Miles per hour !
For 1,010 hours would be MY mileage
6D22F096-E16B-4F1D-A29A-7FA8C645B0B1.jpeg
It has been almost 20 months since we got MYstique and if I wasn’t going for a Y name the more appropriate name would be work horse or Rocinante haha. Long commute into NYC, and harsh winters should test the limits of my battery
She is doing great though . Battery degradation at or slightly above expectations (294/314). Several long trips to Florida and one towing a small boat / oversized kayak 🛶. The electric ⚡️ car is a wonderful thing and I only wish I switched over sooner (and or bought stock sooner) there is some range anxiety 😟 some times that will only get worse as my max range degrades. Definitely curious where it’ll be at 200k miles. 300?
She is developing a noisy squeak front passenger side suspension related guessing upper control arm … will look to bring that in for service soon …
2AA3B0FD-966E-402A-A90C-439E62D248AE.jpeg

Nice to a highly driven Y.

Still plan on selling my Y when my warranty is close to ending cause I'm afraid of those Out of warranty repairs I hear about.
I will undoubtedly run out of warranty by "time" instead of miles because I don't drive a lot. But in my view, any car will have things that break after 100k miles. I have kept all my other cars for 10+ years because I avoid the constant upgrading of cars, which IMO is a waste of money. Now, in the current market, that may not apply with crazy resale values for Tesla.

extended warranties are a solid revenue stream

The last time I was at a stealership I was told that these were needed to protect me and not a revenue stream for them. Did they mislead me?

(In response to the hard sales pitch they were giving me on this, I asked them why should I buy the car when apparently it will fall apart and they don't trust it not to.)

That's awesome to catch the mileage at the 8's.

Our 2020 Vintage model Y has close to 58,000 miles. The squeaking happen around the 48,000 miles and was replaced under warranty. I would think there are many options to resolve the squeaking. One is to use a needle grease fitting and squirt some grease into the control arms. You can always see what Tesla would charge for the replacement or a quality local shop.

Your battery is holding up well. I understand that the early mileage is where you get most of the degradation and then it plateau. 7% is about where I'm at according to Teslafi with our mileage.

I have a Model X with 75,000 mileage and we did purchase a Tesla extended warranty. We have used it for some FWD repairs, the Body control module that was the reason for the driver door to no longer present. Had a body trim forward of the rear tire that was coming loose from the bottom. So I feel on the X the extended warranty was worth it mainly for the doors and besides I didn't want to be wrenching on a 2018 car yet. I think with a model 3/Y once you are over the warranty timeframe, it should be good to go. Maybe only some CV half shafts and some control arms would need to be replaced out of warranty.

Attachments

• 1652803649152.png
    1652803649152.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Marks321
That's amazing, good thing you switched over to Tesla. Imagine how much money you've saved over gas. Have you done any maintenance? How long did your tires last, what tires do you have on?
origional tires lasted 55,761 miles, then switched to michelin pilot sport as 4, they are holding up well with 6.1-6.4mm of tread depth at 87k
changed air filters twice around 40k and 80k
need to change wiper blades soon

origional tires lasted 55,761 miles, then switched to michelin pilot sport as 4, they are holding up well with 6.1-6.4mm of tread depth at 87k
changed air filters twice around 40k and 80k
need to change wiper blades soon
Nice!! I just changed my tires out yesterday for the same AS4's except I'm only at 36k miles. I just did the air filter change and a brake flush last week.

Reactions: Marks321