Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

888 Mile Road Trip: NY -> Richmond, VA -> VA Beach -> Ocean City, MD -> NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Aaron,

Yeah, the DelMarVa peninsula is about as flat as it gets. With a good tail wind there's no telling how far you could go.

Looks like you had a fun time. Thanks for sharing!

Lanny

Safe arrival home last night at 1am! Final Stats for Entire Trip:

919.4 - Miles Driven
271.8 - kWh used
296 - Wh/mi average for entire trip! Even this amazed me!

It pleases me to no end that taking a long road trip in such an amazing car is entirely possible. Because of the Superchargers, public charging stations and a fellow Model S owner's outlet - a trip like this is easy and a joy to make.

Final Stats Pic:
IMG_1045.jpg

Aaron

Great trip Aaron.

I know that Whole Foods off Laskin Rd. well. The main problem is that the parking lot is *way* too small and the chargers are right in the front/middle of the main lot. Did you notice that the rest of the lot was pretty full?

Also, VA basically disincentivizes EVs so I rarely see anyone charging in those prime of spots.

WF should probably move the chargers all the way around to the side lot since the spots are furthest away from the door.

Just my 2c.

By my calculations, that much power usage would have cost me $38 if I were to use my price per KWh at home.

The mileage in an ICE would have cost in the neighborhood of $112 - using my Camry's average of 30mpg and a $3.65/gal cost.

Now, you managed to get many electrons for free, reducing the $38 cost even further.

I can think of plenty of things I'd rather spend $80+ on when I take a trip as opposed to gasoline.

By my calculations, that much power usage would have cost me $38 if I were to use my price per KWh at home.

The mileage in an ICE would have cost in the neighborhood of $112 - using my Camry's average of 30mpg and a $3.65/gal cost.

Now, you managed to get many electrons for free, reducing the $38 cost even further.

I can think of plenty of things I'd rather spend $80+ on when I take a trip as opposed to gasoline.

djplong

I only paid for the electricity to get from my home to the supercharger in DE - which is 145 miles. Thats $8.53 based on my average 296 Wh/mi and my electric rate of 19.9 cents per kWh. Overall - 5.88 cents per mile. Pretty fantastic, eh?!

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Aaron. This Roadster owner and 'Firefly' fan looks forward to seeing you at TESLIVE in two more weeks!

Bob Fitzgerald

Bob

Same here! Can't wait for Teslive!

Aaron