TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

$8K for New Nissan LEAF - How cheap can these get?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Reeler, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Reeler

Reeler 6 Years of Pure EV

I wonder if it is the Bolt, 2017 Leaf or Model 3 pushing down pricing, but this is ridiculous!

[​IMG]

2. Bishop

Bishop Member

if i lived in the state that might have made a good starter car for my teenager.

3. Reeler

My kids refuse to drive electric. My wife has their back not mine.

4. Bishop

Bishop Member

until mine gets a job and moves out on there own they really dont have a choice in the matter.. its a 10 mile drive to anything of note around me...

• Like x 2
  5. number12

number12 Member

I thought fed rebate was finished on those? I've had one and it's not a bad car for the price. When I got one there was a $5000 state rebate and I did a zero down 2 yr lease so it helped that the car was practically free with gas savings. (If not made money)

6. Reeler

Nissan still has plenty of Federal rebate. It is US sales and not worldwide.

7. number12

number12 Member

I loved my leaf. Might get a demo car or something if I can get it cheap enough for a work car

8. dkemme

dkemme Member

I bought my Leaf a year ago just before the '16 were announced with greater range, got it for a bargain. 0% down, 0% financing for 6 years. The tax rebates will be paying for the first 2 1/2 year payments, the last 3 1/2 year payments are approximately by prior gas bill. I consider it my "free car".

But, it is butt ugly and can only range 80 miles. It is a great third car and relegated to town driving and schlepping the dogs.

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member