Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8th Annual Sound of Silence Tesla Rally! May 20-22, 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny how I looked up the brewery in Custer and it was the one place I stopped when I was there last summer. I guess Custer isn't all that big. I still highly doubt I'll be going. You'll all have to have fun without me.

If I were a few years younger, I'd be there. I have always loved driving, and many times have I driven 24 hours straight (well, there were some bathroom breaks) from Washington State to Missouri. I still like driving for hours, leaned back, hands at 6 and 9, listening to the radio or most likely listening to the birds as I drive along. But wifey is not such an enthusiast, and I go whither she wills, you know.

You all have fun. Wish I could be there.

Excited would be putting it mildly. Only 200 slots available. Now only 198;). Don't wait.

Screenshot_20220207-112240.png

Last edited:
For those who haven't yet been to the Black Hills Tesla Rally, here is a map of the rally routes that you can drive on Saturday and the locations of the many charging stations in town including hotel destination charging and the Custer, SD Supercharger.

Custer-Rally-Routes.png

Sorry that I have been a little absent. I wanted to see what direction the Chamber of Commerce would take this year. They have a new Executive Director this year and it was kinda up in the air. No more. I have been asked to help with the Tesla-unique portion of this event, so HERE GOES:

You heard it here FIRST: Registration this year is capped at 200 attendees. Not DRIVERS, Attendees! You will (PROBABLY) not be able to just show up and get in, like years past. The event is about 70% full as of today (April 22). If you wish to attend, register now! Registration cost is UP! The cost is $110 per person, (driver OR passenger). You will get more this year though. Every attendee, (not just the driver, like years past), will get a lanyard, pin, t-shirt, meal coupons, and a bag of goodies. I, (Mac) am working on getting some famous Tesla personalities to attend. We will see....

I will keep you updated right here. If you have a Tesla, this is a must see drive at least once. You will not regret it. Back soon.

Mac

Phew! Sorry! Looks like all is go for this year! If you are coming this year, Please read the attached PDF. Make sure you are registered and paid. It currently looks like you will PROBABLY be fine if you just show up and register upon arrival, if you want to risk it. I see MrElbe will be back again this year. Hope your antique car makes it! I was hoping a few famous Tesla personalities would show up this year, (like last year), but it looks less and less likely for this year. If you know of someone well-known who is attending this year, let me know and I will introduce them. See you soon! Mac

Attachments

• 2022 Welcome Letter.pdf
    109.3 KB · Views: 91
If you attended, THANKS! This was a sort of off year. I will have you some stats a little later, but so happy for all of you who did attend. Just to note, the Custer Chamber of Commerce, who runs this event is continually in a state of flux. LOTS of Directors have come and gone, it is very hard to get continuity. I will do my best for next year, I will create a new thread when the date solidifies. Stay tuned for more... Mac

Reactions: DavidB and Big Earl
Well! Hello! I just started a thread for next year's event (2023):

The dates for next year are PROBABLY May 19-21, 2023. If those dates get adjusted, I will let you know soonest. These dates are set by the Custer Chamber of Commerce, and this is their current planning.

This year, there were 71 unique cars signed up and 128 people. A total of nine persons did not sign in. That means probably about 4 cars did not make it. If you made it this year, THANKS!! If you have an idea about the event for my and the Chamber's planning purposes, please feel free to let me know. I have some thoughts, I will let you know a little later (here).

Hope to see you next year!!! Mac