Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9/17 Accessory hitch now optional

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Capture.PNG

So now you have three choices in the rear:

- 2" towing package hitch
- 1.25" accessory hitch
- diffuser plate (streamlines the rear "bumber")

Thanks! Hum... there is a new sensor / camera on the top. And the original rear-view camera is still above the license plate (seen a beta with it mounted in the Tesla logo at the CES). But what is that top mounted camera / sensor ? Auto-pilot rear view perhaps ?

rear_cameras.png

So now you have three choices in the rear:

- 2" towing package hitch
- 1.25" accessory hitch
- diffuser plate (streamlines the rear "bumber")

We might need some clarification, under the accessory hitch option it mentions the diffuser plate to cover when not installed. Does the same plate come with the towing package and if neither are installed will there be even a need for it (i.e. its just a solid piece, not just a "dummy" cover).

It says "optional" with No Price. It seems one can have it installed at no charge, or have the hitch installed at $750.
I think because signature reservations have this included. I'd imagine a price will be there for production editions.

I think because signature reservations have this included. I'd imagine a price will be there for production editions.
I read that differently. I thought the wording meant that the 1.25" hitch mount was a no-cost option, but you can opt to replace that with the diffuser plate if you want a sleeker look and don't have any interest in towing or using hitch-mounted storage accessories. I think including the 1.25" hitch mount is important to address the issue of no roof-mount storage options on the X.