Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9/29 2017 IAC - Elon: Interplanetary Plans Pt. 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instagram post by Elon Musk • Sep 29, 2017 at 2:44am UTC

Moon Base Alpha.

Small guess for a Moon Base. Which seems to be something the American government wants.

And Mars City:

Instagram post by Elon Musk • Sep 29, 2017 at 3:03am UTC

It looks like the BFR has small wings for more aerodynamic braking and flight coming into atmosphere. It looks like half way to a lifting body.

My guess is SpaceX and others will be creating a Moon Base which will double as a refueling depot for interplanetary transfers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: skitown
This is a very scientific crowd, as well. I'm guessing he has incredible respect for them - that makes it harder.

Also, this is his true passion, and really the first true reveal of the actual plan.

Bravo. Scaling down to one vehicle for all use cases, from intra-Earth passenger flights to satellite delivery to ISS service to lunar missions to Mars is brilliant. If they can make the intercontinental passenger flights idea economical, that's a gold mine right there. What would business folk pay to cut 10-15 hours off of those flights?

Reactions: Ulmo and Yuri_G
Speechless. Okay maybe I can get this out while my brain is still processing peeping at space on the way to Canada or Europe from Somewhere, USA or anywhere on Earth as like a practice run because I'm probably going to need that confidence booster before the long haul real deal voyage to sow green things on Mars mission code name Eden. Wow. Back to speechless...