Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$9,300 off inventory Model S 75D - end of Q3 firesale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on Tesla 60D w/autopilot for 65k and ill buy o_O
Its easy for them to sell them as 75s, with software change and show higher MRP and more discount. Of course once there are no more 75D buyers, they may do it.... Time is running out for this quarter.

One thing is for sure, Tesla will never be the same after October. Most people will wait for deals every end of quarter and hesitant to pay full price. Most Tesla buyers are internet savvy and these forums are pretty highly ranked in Google results

Reactions: X Yes? and u00mem9
Don't know if you guys are watching, but there is a current massive dump of Model S Inventory cars going on... hundreds of cars were just added, and they are continuing to add them.. I don't know when it's going to stop. There are now 569 Inventory Model S cars listed. The lease payment field on EV-CPO.com lags a little bit since it has hundreds of cars to now populate... but it will get there quickly.

@HankLloydRight,
Those are new cars. See this message:

Apparently the 75D inventory I ordered today was still wrapped in plastic, never driven, 50 miles on the odometer. (source)

Tesla is building new cars nobody has ordered and selling them through the inventory system. The clue was in Elon's email to Tesla employees. Maybe you already knew that but your message sounded like they are getting rid of showroom cars.

We are on the razor’s edge of achieving a good Q3, but it requires building and delivering every car we possibly can, while simultaneously trimming any cost that isn’t critical, at least for the next 4.5 weeks. (source)

That's a great deal! Are you guys calling a center or emailing? Which location did you guy this one from?
Thanks!! I was calling and/or texting with my OA. I test drove in Walnut Creek, CA last weekend, and that's when i learned about their 'new inventory' end of quarter deals. My OA was sending me additional listings/quotes that were not up on the website. My car is being shipped up from the Palm Desert location to the Fremont factory. Definitely get in touch with your OA. He/she may have other options for you that you are not seeing on their website. Good luck!

Come on Tesla 60D w/autopilot for 65k and ill buy o_O
They're getting close, but it looks like they haven't applied a discount (yet?) I would contact an OA and see what they can do for you.
upload_2016-9-22_7-35-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-22_7-33-56.png
    upload_2016-9-22_7-33-56.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 58
Walking around a nearby supercharger, most of the freshly made cars on the lot have no designation badge. ...Could be 60(D) or 75(D) based on how they choose to sell it - they'll just tack on the badge as the last thing before sale.

We could call it "The 75 deluge". These posts are affirming. Tesla is willing to scrub most/all of the $8,500 battery upgrade cost. Those pre-disposed to the 60 have a limited offer, to pick up better range charging for a grand or two above their configured price. That's how most of these look, to me.

One thing is for sure, Tesla will never be the same after October. Most people will wait for deals every end of quarter and hesitant to pay full price. Most Tesla buyers are internet savvy and these forums are pretty highly ranked in Google results

Unless they roll out AP2 in Q4. Then I think it will be fairly simple for them to say "You want new shiny? Full price."

They're getting close, but it looks like they haven't applied a discount (yet?) I would contact an OA and see what they can do for you.
View attachment 195573
If you really want a 60D, one option might be to use the teslainventory or ev-cpo websites to locate a 75D with the specs that you want and then to call your local OA and ask if there is any way he/she can software-limit that specific car down to a 60D with a corresponding ~$8K price reduction. I don't know if that will work because Tesla seems intent on moving as much of these as 75s as possible, but there's no harm in asking!

Separately, those of you who have found the information in this thread to be useful, please consider using my referral code for the $1,000 discount: http://ts.la/jordan3466
(I still haven't used any of my 10 referrals.)

I called the Tesla store in Denver, and the sales adviser indicated they weren't doing any discounts of the 60d, and it didn't seem like they would do a 75d to 60d downgrade. Not that it would matter, still haven't convinced the wife to go the S route vs the 3. Maybe in the future there will some great discounts, like we are seeing now, on 60d's, which will make the convincing a little easier.

These threads are definitely fun and sad to read.

I called the Tesla store in Denver, and the sales adviser indicated they weren't doing any discounts of the 60d, and it didn't seem like they would do a 75d to 60d downgrade. Not that it would matter, still haven't convinced the wife to go the S route vs the 3. Maybe in the future there will some great discounts, like we are seeing now, on 60d's, which will make the convincing a little easier.

These threads are definitely fun and sad to read.
Currently the s75 are essentially the 60d price. Maybe ask about those. It is a tad bit more but I think unless you care about awd, it should not matter too much to you.

Thanks to this thread, I have been monitoring the available cars religiously and early this morning four apparently new, loaded (all options except subzero) S75D with 50-60 miles showed up with discounts in the 13-14K range--three in Florida and one in NY. I "bought" one of the FL cars whose 24 month payment was 6XX, by far the lowest I've seen on a new Tesla, hoping there was time to get it to NY by month end.

I got a call back from my NY OA who said that they are no longer allowed to sell cars out of region due to the uncertainty of transport and inspection by next Fri. So we switched to the NY car, which in addition had subzero. It had no shipping charge, compared to 1000 to get the FL car to NY. He said that they are no longer allowed to waive the destination fee. Bottom line, after the incentives were applied and assuming the usual 6000 cap cost reduction ("down payment") and taxes paid up front (i.e., not rolled into monthly payment) my payment for a 24 mo lease is 689, which is amazing for a new car with MSRP 99K. I configured the car on the Tesla site and the 36 month payment is 11XX. What a difference a quarter end makes!

For those who care, he told me that the residuals for 10K, 12K and 15K a year are 70%, 69% and 68% respectively. Sure seems to me the bank is going to get creamed on these cars in 24 months when Model 3 delivery is full swing, but that's not our problem.

Thanks to all here!

Thanks to this thread, I have been monitoring the available cars religiously and early this morning four apparently new, loaded (all options except subzero) S75D with 50-60 miles showed up with discounts in the 13-14K range--three in Florida and one in NY. I "bought" one of the FL cars whose 24 month payment was 6XX, by far the lowest I've seen on a new Tesla, hoping there was time to get it to NY by month end.

I got a call back from my NY OA who said that they are no longer allowed to sell cars out of region due to the uncertainty of transport and inspection by next Fri. So we switched to the NY car, which in addition had subzero. It had no shipping charge, compared to 1000 to get the FL car to NY. He said that they are no longer allowed to waive the destination fee. Bottom line, after the incentives were applied and assuming the usual 6000 cap cost reduction ("down payment") and taxes paid up front (i.e., not rolled into monthly payment) my payment for a 24 mo lease is 689, which is amazing for a new car with MSRP 99K. I configured the car on the Tesla site and the 36 month payment is 11XX. What a difference a quarter end makes!

For those who care, he told me that the residuals for 10K, 12K and 15K a year are 70%, 69% and 68% respectively. Sure seems to me the bank is going to get creamed on these cars in 24 months when Model 3 delivery is full swing, but that's not our problem.

Thanks to all here!

Congrats on the car! This is the first case that I have heard an OA telling someone they can't transfer in time for Q3 end... I guess its getting close!

Thanks Erik