Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9.8 miles to go with 2% battery….

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M1tch

2021 M3P with EAP
Nov 16, 2021
Gloucester, England
Tonight my car suggested I would get home with 2% battery. To give myself a buffer, I pulled into membury seevices to take a few % but it was full and there was a queue so decided to crack on.

I got to the end of the dual carriageway and into a bottleneck and saw there was 9.8 miles to go and I was on 2% battery with the car still saying I would have 2% when I got home - squeaky bum time - as there is nowhere to charge between where I was and home. Anyway, continued in the traffic and started the long slow decent down a hill, by the time I got to the bottom I had 4% battery as it was almost always regenning and I got home with 1% battery (dropped from 2% on my street).

I’m still on 2022.28.2 and really impressed with its prediction and accuracy. Accelerated normally and stuck to the speed limits and it was almost bang on.

Possibly a bit risky, but a bit more confident in it and happy I made the right choice. 👍🏻

I was driving through Austria into Germany and had a small panic when it said I had 59km to go and would get to the hotel (without a charger) with 19% remaining, as planned... when I looked over I currently had 19% battery remaining ... and 59 km to go. Initially I thought maybe it's crashed and somehow stopped recording the battery capacity, and I would actually arrive with 0%, but then I thought ... well I am quite high up in the mountains.
Yup, got there with 19% battery.

When I drive home from the south I take the infamous Cairn o’Mount road from Fettercairn to Strachan. Typically I arrive home with just on 1% MORE SoC than I have at the top of the Cairn some 8 miles away! Mind you although it’s been close I’ve never risked getting to the top with less than about 10%!!

Reactions: exlatccatsa
15ED8AA8-828F-4CD6-9B5F-53F3D17B8FCB.jpeg

Flint to Cardiff via Oswestry and Hereford last week. Charged to 80% at Flint (5% over the good to go message). Not comfortable at all

Reactions: kuruma