TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

9 Days in, First Problem :(

Discussion in 'Model X' started by CommackRoss, Jun 18, 2018.

1. CommackRoss

CommackRoss Member

My front passenger door on my MX 75D stopped working. Really loud disgusting grinding noise every time it opens and closes. Won't open or close via on-screen buttons.

Mobile service set for Thursday morning so I'll get to see how that goes anyway. They were very nice on the phone and seemed to think it was an easy fix.

• Informative x 1
  2. TexasTeslaRacing

Is your MX brand new or did you buy it CPO?

3. CommackRoss

CommackRoss Member

Brand New. 94xxx VIN built in late May.

4. DESinUS

DESinUS Member

I saw this happen every now and then. It's most likely just the latch needing replacement. Shouldn't be a big deal for them to fix!

• Like x 2
  5. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Was it like this?

• Informative x 1
  6. CommackRoss

CommackRoss Member

Not really. It seems to be in the hinge area

9BFFD572-6CC3-4DAF-97F1-12F14543F599.jpeg

Near that silver mechanism that is near the top, I think.

7. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that's the actuator that opens and closes the door, which would be a logical place for grinding.

I had a problem with mine not latching properly that led to the not reacting to the touch screen a while back, but this sounds different (my issue was fixed by manually cycling the door a few times, and hasn't come back, but there were no grinding noises.)

8. CommackRoss

CommackRoss Member

Mine seemed to do that once or twice the day before which worried me, but it self corrected, like you said. Then the next day it became permanent.

Hopefully they will fix it tomorrow morning!

9. CommackRoss

CommackRoss Member

All fixed. Took about an hour. He replaced the motor that power opens and closes the door.

Great service! Spent extra time answering all my questions (since I'm new). Very nice!