Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9 Days in, First Problem :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My front passenger door on my MX 75D stopped working. Really loud disgusting grinding noise every time it opens and closes. Won't open or close via on-screen buttons.

Mobile service set for Thursday morning so I'll get to see how that goes anyway. They were very nice on the phone and seemed to think it was an easy fix.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Was it like this?

Not really. It seems to be in the hinge area

9BFFD572-6CC3-4DAF-97F1-12F14543F599.jpeg

Near that silver mechanism that is near the top, I think.

Not really. It seems to be in the hinge area

View attachment 311243

Near that silver mechanism that is near the top, I think.

I'm pretty sure that's the actuator that opens and closes the door, which would be a logical place for grinding.

I had a problem with mine not latching properly that led to the not reacting to the touch screen a while back, but this sounds different (my issue was fixed by manually cycling the door a few times, and hasn't come back, but there were no grinding noises.)

I'm pretty sure that's the actuator that opens and closes the door, which would be a logical place for grinding.

I had a problem with mine not latching properly that led to the not reacting to the touch screen a while back, but this sounds different (my issue was fixed by manually cycling the door a few times, and hasn't come back, but there were no grinding noises.)

Mine seemed to do that once or twice the day before which worried me, but it self corrected, like you said. Then the next day it became permanent.

Hopefully they will fix it tomorrow morning!