Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9 months and counting to get a Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a model Y in April 2021. The 1st of every date was June 2021. This date slipped to August 2021, then September 2021 and currently they are estimating either December or January of 2022.

Their customer support and information is deplorable. It's difficult to get information out of them other than telling me that they are waiting on the vin number.

I'm considering moving on to a different car Because I'm afraid this could go on for more than a year. They won't provide any information on why delivery is delayed and they are untrustworthy with regard to any promised delivery date.
This is October, did you get your order yet? I ordered beginning of June 2021 and received mine Sept. 24, 2021 but I am in California. Delivery time is faster if you live in California, this is my guess.

you sure you completed your profile? IE Payment type (if you applied for a loan it expires 60 days from your application and your profile becomes "pending order completion" because you need to reapply your loan. If you have a trade in, it expires 60 days from the first quote and you have to reapply it by updating the mileage on the trade in - this too also puts your profile back to pending.

I ordered March 28th completed profile June 21st - i didn't put any financing info or how i was going to pay for the car until June 21st. I received my VIN and Delivery last week of September. If you really did order April 1st and you completed your profile (cash no trade in) then they should have matched you. At some point i'd visit the showroom and just speak with an SA there.

Just a note for anyone looking at this... this OP made 1 post (their opening one) and has not even been back on TMC since that day to check their thread. I believe anyone can see that, by clicking on the op's name in their first post and looking at their profile.

So, since they didnt even come back to look at a thread that THEY STARTED, this falls into the category of trolling to me. People who have a real complaint actually come back to visit and see responses, even if they dont post about it.

I'm an eager owner. Can't wait until my blue beauty arrives =)

Mine:MYLR|Blue/black|19" Ordered in July, 1st date 11/21, last week expected delivery 1/28/22-2/28/22, This week 2/14-3/14/22 delivery. Got a VIN # a few weeks ago.
You got a VIN # a few weeks ago, but your EDD is February-March 2022. What am I missing?

Reactions: boulder.dude
Ordered my Tesla Model Y (long range) end of July. Finished the profile and initially got a date of late October. Then it changed to Nov-Dec. Then it disappeared for a while. When it reappeared, it indicated delivery March-April. So obviously I am not counting on that either. Anyone else order their Tesla Y around the same time? Just curious if your delivery date is similar to mine. Thanks.

Ordered my Tesla Model Y (long range) end of July. Finished the profile and initially got a date of late October. Then it changed to Nov-Dec. Then it disappeared for a while. When it reappeared, it indicated delivery March-April. So obviously I am not counting on that either. Anyone else order their Tesla Y around the same time? Just curious if your delivery date is similar to mine. Thanks.
I finished my profile on July 27th. The latest my EDD has been January. It's now Nov 15 - Dec 13 for the past week. I've seen some reds starting to get vin's for late July orders.

Last edited:
I finished my profile on July 27th. The latest my EDD has been has been January. It's now Nov 15 - Dec 13 for the past week. I've seen some reds starting to get vin's for late July orders.
Mine is blue with a white interior, standard wheels....I know red is more expensive than the blue, and the wheels you ordered are an upgrade, so I wonder if Tesla is prioritizing the more expensive vehicles? At least it's encouraging that you have a relatively early EDD.

Yep I ordered my Model Y LR July 23 estimate delivery Oct then Nov then January disappeared for the month of September. Then about 3 weeks ago I got an EDD of Feb 2-March 3
So I went to my nearest showroom. They said it was perfectly normal, but they also mentioned it would bounce around and I would see the car end of year..

Yep I ordered my Model Y LR July 23 estimate delivery Oct then Nov then January disappeared for the month of September. Then about 3 weeks ago I got an EDD of Feb 2-March 3
So I went to my nearest showroom. They said it was perfectly normal, but they also mentioned it would bounce around and I would see the car end of year..
Correct your EDD bounces around like a ping pong ball. Basically means nothing and will fluctuate a lot. My opinion of you ordered in July I would think you will get it next month

Just a note for anyone looking at this... this OP made 1 post (their opening one) and has not even been back on TMC since that day to check their thread. I believe anyone can see that, by clicking on the op's name in their first post and looking at their profile.

So, since they didnt even come back to look at a thread that THEY STARTED, this falls into the category of trolling to me. People who have a real complaint actually come back to visit and see responses, even if they dont post about it.
I'm an eager owner. Can't wait until my blue beauty arrives =)

Mine:MYLR|Blue/black|19" Ordered in July, 1st date 11/21, last week expected delivery 1/28/22-2/28/22, This week 2/14-3/14/22 delivery. Got a VIN # a few weeks ago.
I made a mistake it was only a partial VIN. It had only 8 numbers, I'm not sure what that means.