Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9 Months Free Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now my account shows that I had free charging until Sep 1, 2019. That is basically a 9 months free charging. I remember Tesla will offer 9 months free charging to those who brought the car without test drive it. Only mentioned that to my DA a while ago. Don't know whether I get additional 3 months because of that.

Of course happy about it, can do some long distance driving in the summer now.

Welcome new Tesla drivers! I have a 75D with unlimited supercharging and my experience is, you rarely use superchargers.

In summer, going from Vaughan to Niagara, you will need a 15mins charge (maybe). Going to London, 25mins charge.

Anywhere else, never.

You will soon realize is not worth the time sitting there and wait. Charging at home is around $1 per 100km if my memory serves me correctly.

Of course, is still better with supercharging but it really makes no difference day to day for 99.99% of the day.

Reactions: Techniques
The board and management made it clear that I cannot use one of the "common" plugs and the only way to install a charger would be to link it to my own meter and the entire process is beyond my budget at this point.
In my condo the board allowed to install separate meters for each EV charging circuit and they bill is annually for the amount of electricity used. It is not tied into the unit’s existing meter. That was simpler and cheaper to install.

• Informative
Reactions: gbertsch
Welcome new Tesla drivers! I have a 75D with unlimited supercharging and my experience is, you rarely use superchargers.

In summer, going from Vaughan to Niagara, you will need a 15mins charge (maybe). Going to London, 25mins charge.

Anywhere else, never.

You will soon realize is not worth the time sitting there and wait. Charging at home is around $1 per 100km if my memory serves me correctly.

Of course, is still better with supercharging but it really makes no difference day to day for 99.99% of the day.

Well, it depends where you are driving. I go to Ottawa, Montreal, and Windsor from Toronto(ish) regularly. The free supercharging is necessary and great in that it's free to me. I also went to South Carolina, and visited about 15 SuC there and back. There are lots of folks who go from Kitchener area to work in Toronto, and when it's cold, they may need a top up to get home. Same with going to Muskoka/Haliburton.

As mentioned - condo owners often need it too.

But yes, most of your charging can be done at home, or work, if you have access to an EVSE

The board and management made it clear that I cannot use one of the "common" plugs and the only way to install a charger would be to link it to my own meter and the entire process is beyond my budget at this point.

You're kidding... it's 6.5c per kW... throw in delivery it's 11c. Multiply by 1.05 factor x km travel /~6.5km/kW(charge rate) = $ per day of charge. Easily write a cheque to them for the month, go over a bit for safe margins. You'll still come up ahead vs SC's.