TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

9 New Supercharger Stations this month in the UK

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Puslinch, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Puslinch

Puslinch Member

I stopped by West Drayton this morning and they mentioned that along with the 6 SC's going into West Drayton 9 more stations are being rolled out this month. Hopefully M40/42 area....

Gary

2. smac

smac Active Member

Hopefully something more easterly please!

I still couldn't round trip from Nottingham to Stansted.

Peterborough A1M Services would open up a swathe of places running along side Eastcoast mainline, and give you choice between M1 and A1 up to Leeds.

3. scarlet

scarlet Member

When looking at the Supercharger Europe Today map there are 2 grey locations somewhere near Leeds and near Southampton
    I assume these are imminent or Tesla soon to be
    When sliding to 2015 there are several more locations indicated for this year 2015
    I cant imagine 9 SC opening within 1 month they would have the rest of the year off!!

4. arg

arg Supporting Member

The 'Southampton' one has been found - people on the TM forums posting photos of almost-complete site at a Sainsbury's in Winchester.

5. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

9 sites in a month would be a lot. 9 charging bays in a month would frankly be a slowdown compared to November and December!

Winchester confirmed (Sainsburys Badger Farm, M3 J11, 2 bays) plus sites under construction in mid-Wales and near Leeds, according to the SC map.

Most excitingly for me though is a site in Calais! Finally I can have my electric booze cruise...

6. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

Looks like Sainsbury's has a SC deal with Tesla... or is this old news? So if you want a SC near you, find out where the nearest/best Sainsbury's is and suggest it on Tesla's main web site.

7. roym

roym Member

I'm trying to find the Leeds Supercharger and have called the Manager at Sainsburys at both Colton and the White Rose centre in Leeds but neither know anything about a Supercharger. I'll keep looking .....

8. scarlet

scarlet Member

I would assume the SC will be south of Leeds near to where the M62 and M1 cross each other
    The Welsh SC looks somewhere near Aberystwyth