Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90% Autonomous by next year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yet another version of the link :) --

Elon Musk: Tesla 90% autonomous in 2015 - Video - Technology - Innovation Nation

Rock and roll!!!

This absolutely rocks... I just love the "Well, we're a Silicon Valley company, so of course we're going to lead and other companies will follow.."... lol... yeah!!

Hilariously, the ad before the video was, "TLX it's that kind of thrill"... ok... I'm a TSX owner, but ummm... my Model S will be "The Thriller"... ;)

Thrilled that my December delivery S85 will have the new sensors for driver assistance... clearly that's the "something else"... and to me that's way more important than the (likely) all wheel drive of the "D" announcement.

Model S *already* kicks butt in snow and rain with its near-instaneous dynamic torque/stability control... as attested to by those in Norway... :).

Anyway, I couldn't be more psyched!!

Steve Jobs left us, but now we have Elon Musk!!! The real live Iron Man!... Go boyyyy!!!

I couldn't be more proud that his 2 companies are American... leading the *world*!

Show 'em how it's done Elon!!! Never stop!!!! :)

I wonder if the new sensor packages being delivered in the current S (forward looking camera, radar, side sensors), when combined with the backup camera, are sufficient to support the autopilot with just a software upgrade?

Yes.. that would be the question, however, from the feel of the interview I get the feeling that the new sensors could indeed be adequate for some level of autonomous driving. Those were exactly the sensors that Elon mentioned... it seems perhaps those are all that will be needed.

You go Elon! Not only am I thrilled to have such a rare gift as my brand new girl, I completely believe in his mission and fully expect that the stock I bought will perform as Microsoft did in the 70's-80's-90's (wasn't smart enough to buy that when I was a kid).

I love this one! :)

I like the sentence by Elon "If we are not the leader,shame on us". This sentence matches with the other sentence by Elon "The Model S is the best car in the world". IMO the Model S will be for sure the best car in the world (together with the Model X of course) with AWD and the semi-autonomous driving system (and all other safety features blind spot.....).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm. Maybe I should use that as the opening line when I send mail to ownership about where they've dropped the ball on something.

I think that would be appropriate the second time with the same issue.
You need to understand "leaders" doesn't mean "can't make an error".
It does mean they quickly learn from and correct any errors.