Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 90kWh battery pack degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To my knowledge, there's some technical hurdles to putting a 100 pack into a 90/85 pack car and thus hasn't been done. Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but pretty sure the plumbing is different and thus not feasible.
I’m pretty sure it is just an easily replaced connected. @wk057 has looked at it in detail in the last and I believe he found it was feasible.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
Well looks like I’ll have to wait even longer to find out which battery I get - would be happy with a new 90 pack but hoping they give a 100 based on current production. What was originally planned to be completed today, then pushed to Friday - all of the sudden has no ETA.

Well looks like I’ll have to wait even longer to find out which battery I get - would be happy with a new 90 pack but hoping they give a 100 based on current production. What was originally planned to be completed today, then pushed to Friday - all of the sudden has no ETA.
Parts manager confirmed to my service advisor that it’s a 90 pack - I’ll get confirmation tomorrow if it’s new Or “repack” - what the service advisor explained to me is that a repack is new batteries in a refurbished casing.

A hypothetical $15k to upgrade to 100... damn. I don't know. I would think that your 90 battery pack should offer a rebate on the upgrade.

What are they charging now for the SR vs LR with a software locked 100 pack? I thought I read some people were getting the software unlocked for no charge for end of quarter?

A hypothetical $15k to upgrade to 100... damn. I don't know. I would think that your 90 battery pack should offer a rebate on the upgrade.
My hypothetical number included a trade-in of my 90 pack. That is, they can keep and refurbish it for resale and I get a new 100 pack. It's less of a loss than selling my X and upgrading to a 100D X, and I'd really like the extra range.

But has Tesla ever done it For a customer repair?

Not that I'm aware.

That is good to hear! Can you tell us what was involved in doing so?

Needed to swap the ring on the high voltage connector with the appropriate part for the v2.0 packs going into the v1.x pack cars. Software. Suspension upgrade.

On a side note, I'll eventually get back to offering trade-up type pack upgrades. Right now, at the best price possible, to do 85/90 to 100 is just too expensive for folks to be reasonable, easily over $20k with the 90-pack core. Can technically upgrade any S/X to 100, with 14 module packs being worth less for a core.

60,70,75 to 85 is reasonable, around $12k right now, although 75->85 isn't enough of a range bump to be useful.

14 module packs (40,60,70,75) to 16 module packs (85,90,100), or any pack to 100 requires suspension upgrades if the car doesn't have air suspension.

Not that I'm aware.

Needed to swap the ring on the high voltage connector with the appropriate part for the v2.0 packs going into the v1.x pack cars. Software. Suspension upgrade.

On a side note, I'll eventually get back to offering trade-up type pack upgrades. Right now, at the best price possible, to do 85/90 to 100 is just too expensive for folks to be reasonable, easily over $20k with the 90-pack core. Can technically upgrade any S/X to 100, with 14 module packs being worth less for a core.

60,70,75 to 85 is reasonable, around $12k right now, although 75->85 isn't enough of a range bump to be useful.

14 module packs (40,60,70,75) to 16 module packs (85,90,100), or any pack to 100 requires suspension upgrades if the car doesn't have air suspension.

Here’s to hoping the price gets more economical for the upgrade - I’d love to upgrade to 100 eventually.

Reactions: ohmman