Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90 D Multi Pattern Seat Construction: Same as Leather?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MS 90 D built without premium upgrade package and with Multi Pattern Black seats - in the design studio they appear the same construction as the leather seats.

I actually prefer the textile Seats for durability. I was considering Leather only because they came with the Next Gen Seats (reportedly more comfortable) but it appears the seats are the same in the 90d regardless of fabric choice. This is not the case for 75 or 60 models.

Can anyone confirm or comment? Thanks!

have a MS 90 D built without premium upgrade package and with Multi Pattern Black seats - in the design studio they appear the same construction as the leather seats
I am not clear on what you mean by "same construction". I have never seen a Tesla with the base textile seats but recently asked a Tesla Showroom employee if the base textile seats provided the same seat adjustment controls as the more expensive optional seats, and he said they did.

I would like to see and sit in a Tesla with the base textile seats but no showroom I have been in has had any. So I cannot comment on their comfort or durability.

Maybe the images below explain better what I am asking about. It appears that the 90D Fabric Seats are Next Gen just like the leather seats but in lower battery models the Fabric Seats are a different design.

Fabric Seats on 90D:
IMG_1952.PNG

Fabric Seats on 75D (see difference in design and construction from the above seat)

IMG_1953.PNG

Leather Seats on 90D:
IMG_1954.PNG

My car was built this summer so there may have been a change to the textile seats since then. My textile seats are based on the original seat design. The current leather seats are noticeably different. Having experienced both I still prefer my textile seats, but I'm going to guess I'm in the minority on this issue. I'll post a picture later today if no one beats me to it.

Multi-Black Pattern Seats= Cloth/Leather seats that I dont really like the look of!
Next Gen Seats= Thicker Full Leather, Seats hold you more "Tightly" So/So of more comfortably
Premium Seats= Huge Improvement!

The 90D gets the Premium seats! Anything below a 90D just gets Tesla's next gen seats.

I have ordered the 90D premium fabric seats. I always buy leather but when I saw this I thought they looked nice. I should be picking up my car the week after xmas. I will have remember to write a review after they come it. The 60D and 70D fabric seats are just way too ugly, in my opinion.

Reactions: Boourns
Maybe the images below explain better what I am asking about. It appears that the 90D Fabric Seats are Next Gen just like the leather seats but in lower battery models the Fabric Seats are a different design.
Thanks, I think I understand now. Interesting, I never realized that there appear to be two different versions of the fabric/textile seats.

Multi-Black Pattern Seats= Cloth/Leather seats that I dont really like the look of!
Next Gen Seats= Thicker Full Leather, Seats hold you more "Tightly" So/So of more comfortably
Premium Seats= Huge Improvement!

The 90D gets the Premium seats! Anything below a 90D just gets Tesla's next gen seats.

Do you know of the Cloth Seats in the 90D are also the premium seats? (Except for the Leather obviously)

I called Tesla to confirm. MS 90d and above get the premium seats - regardless of if you choose Leather or multi-pattern textile. This is actually good news for me because I prefer the durability of the textile Seats but wanted the better seat bolstering. In order to have a textile option appear in the Design Studio for a 90D you cannot go the premium upgrade package because that only comes with the ventilated leather seats.