TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

90 minute software update?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by RMan, Jul 7, 2015.

1. RMan

RMan Member

We have owned our 85D for about 6 weeks. I just received a notice on my smart phone that a software update was available for our model s. The 17 inch screen indicated a software update was scheduled to begin at 11:15 PM and would take an hour and a half. I was provided the option to start the update at the assigned time, switch to different time, or to start now. Since we will not be using the car in the next couple of hours I chose start now. 90 minutes seems like a long update. Is this normal or could this be the awaited auto pilot additions?

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

It's a normal message. I have found that most of the time, the car tends to take far less time to install than the notes that accompany it. But don't bank on that, lest you be stuck. :)

(I received notice on Dec 31 that I had a new update available. I shrugged it off and told it to install at 2 am, the normal time my car installs software. Guess what time we all decided to close the party and go home? My wife and I extended the party by 20 minutes as a result.)

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Originally it was said that updates can take up to two hours.

5. tezzla

tezzla Member

It looks like Tesla is finally pushing 2.4.249 to everybody. That should be a good sign.

6. caddieo

caddieo Member

Normal. I usually schedule my updates to start after midnight so they're done when I wake up in the morning.

7. Daeke

Daeke Member

I got the same notification. I'm guessing it's 2.4.249 getting pushed to the rest of us (I've had my car almost a month now). Man. Software updates for a car. We're in the future.

8. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

I understood software updates were best installed with the car hooked to WiFi rather than 3G.

True?

9. rlang59

rlang59 Member

Doesn't matter, by the time you get the alarm clock it has already been downloaded.

10. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I was hoping for 7.X. I've had .249 for quite some time. Nothing exciting at all. Just tweaks.

11. RMan

RMan Member

Yup. Unfortunately just .249. Hoped for more.