TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

90% SOC on 75d

Discussion in 'Model X' started by imthiazah, Apr 10, 2019.

1. imthiazah

imthiazah Member

My 90% SOC recently dropped from 206 to 202 miles after I hit 15k miles. That translates to a drop from 226 to 222 on a 100% charge. I may have charged up to 100 about 3 times till now and never let it drain below 10%. I mostly supercharge as I don't have the convenience to charge in my garage yet.

Do these numbers seem right for other Model X 75D owners. Mine is Dec 2017 build.

2. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

That is normal. better than expected matter of fact.

3. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

I have a 6 month old MX I get 200 at 100% sometimes 198 but that’s on typical, rated miles are pie in the sky.

4. FoxSTL2HOU

FoxSTL2HOU Member

As of Feb2019, our Sep2016 MX75D would be 204 at 90%, but those first four shaved off quickly, so really 200.

5. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

Make sure that you charge to 100% periodically.Fill it mostly at a Supercharger and then head to a J-1772 to let it top off and balance the batteries.

6. imthiazah

imthiazah Member

Will do that next time. Thanks.

Does anyone know when does tesla consider the battery 'degraded' before they replace it? I see some people on youtube that got replacements. Is there a % degradation of actual miles before they honor it?

7. dethman

dethman Member

I dont think there is any number specified but it probably would have to be somewhere around 50% or a module failure. Neither of which you are anywhere near.

8. gangzoom

gangzoom Active Member

I don't get the 'worry' people have with rated range figures. At the end of the day we all know there is degredation but its not that bad after the initial drop.

More importantly if the car has enough range for your use does it even matter?

Instead of worrying over nothing go and charging to 100% for no reason and enjoy driving the thing :).

9. imthiazah

imthiazah Member

The car definitely has enough range for my daily driving. My concern to keep a constant look at that number is when i take those road trips, it would mean a few extra stops due to degradation.

10. imthiazah

imthiazah Member

I really wish they open up an option to pay and upgrade to the latest battery available whenever an owner wants.

11. pensphreak

pensphreak Member

My July2018 75D has been slowly dropping. My 90% this morning was only 201, which translates to 100% 223 (a 6% drop). It's probably been the most annoying thing about my car so far. It seems like every few weeks it drops another 1-2 miles.

12. FoxSTL2HOU

FoxSTL2HOU Member

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought the full rated range of a 75D was 230 miles, putting your estimated degradation at 3%?

The guidance from the mobile ranger, the last time I asked, was "expect 6% the first year and 1% every following year."

13. pensphreak

pensphreak Member

No I’m pretty sure it was 237

• Like x 1
  14. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

That's the EPA sticker, certainly.

My August 2016 build never got there on the rated range, though - the highest I ever saw at 100% was 232.

These days my 90% is running 198-199 after ~45k miles - it was usually 208/209 back in the day, I think the highest it ever was is 211.